Scorch Trials

Teresa's POV

"Oh my god is he okay?" I asked to no one in general.
We all stood there next to an unconscious Minho when my eyes meet Thomas. His eyes filled with fear and sadness. Just before anyone could say anything Minho gasped and opened his eyes wide.
"W-What happened?" He asked

"You got struck by lightning buddy." Thomas said with relief
"Oh." Minho chuckled and slowly stood up.

Out of no where we hear a clink echo then another, then another.

"What the bloody-what is that." Newt said as he pointed the light towards the sound

Out of no where a crank come running towards us out of the dark. I shut my eyes expecting the worst as I hear more than one give awful screams. I opened my eyes and to my surprise I see more than 50 cranks chained up, with just a couple feet between us. Everybody's face were surprised to see this when a girl appeared.

"I see you met our guard dogs." The girl, who looked not that much older from me walked in between them without even a single flinch. "Well are you guys coming? Or are you going to stay there." She asked pointing at us.

At first we hesitated but slowly made our way through the cranks who were crazy to get us. After we left the room full of cranks we were in a giant space that seemed like a factory, full of people staring at us and were close enough to touch us.

"Jorge wants to meet you guys." The girl said
"I'm sorry but who are you." Frypan asked
"Brenda. Now the reason why Jorge wants to meet you is well no one has ever made it out of the scorch. Well at least not alive." She said climbing up the stairs
"I don't think this is a good idea Thomas." Minho told him
"Let's just hear what the man has to say." Thomas whispered
As I made my way up the stairs I see a girl staring at me. Darkest eyes in the world that can only mean... Could it be, is it her?

Flashback

"Come on Deedee."
"It's Teresa now and you are going to get us in trouble." I whispered
"We're here look up."
"Wow Joan!" I gasped in admiration as I looked at the starry night.
"Ugh I hate when you call me that. At least call me Jo." She grumbled

I kept looking at the sky and then to my sister. I haven't seen the stars for about a year now and for her to do this is just amazing.

"Thanks!" I told her as I hugged her. "Wait how did you find this place anyway?"
"I get bored here so I look around and see what places need keycards or if there are guards anywhere." She told me hugging me back
"Well stop it. This is nice and all but you could get in trouble. Come on we got to go."

She shook her head and got up as we walked out of the room and back to ours without getting caught.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hey Teresa we got to keep moving." Newt gave me a small push. "These people are too weird." They continued to follow us.

Everyone was walking in silence, Brenda still leading us on but my mind was debating whether or not I saw Jo. We made it to a room where a man was sitting at a table. His hands seem to be on a device but I couldn't make out what it was.

"Jorge, you wanted to see them?" Brenda asked sitting herself on the couch.

He turned around his eyes were dark almost black then he gave us a smile.

"You ever feel like the world is against you?" He asked walking over to a table.
"Three questions. Where did you come from? Where are you going? How can I profit?"

We all stood there in silence, not knowing if we should respond.

"Well don't answer all at once." He said pouring himself a drink .

"We're headed for the mountains looking for the Red Arm." Thomas replied while laughter filled the room.

Jorge put the drink to his lips and said "you are looking for ghost you mean." He finished his drink and came towards us. "Question number two where did you come from?" He asked pointing his finger at Thomas.

"That's our business." Minho told him

Jorge raised his eyebrow and gave a small nod. Then out of nowhere the people behind us started grabbing us and pinned us down. The only person I heard struggle was Thomas.

"Hey get off me! Get off me man." He yelled trying to pull away.

Brenda ran up to them and pushed Thomas' head down and pointed something towards his neck.

"What is that?" Thomas asked.
"Oh shut up you big baby." She scoffed
"You were right." Brenda gave Jorge what now looks like a scanner.
"What is she talking about?" Aris whispered loud enough for me to hear.

Jorge let out a chuckle as we were all let go and stood up.

"I'm sorry hermano, looks like you're tagged. You came from WCKD. Which mean you are very valuable."