Chapter 25- Caron's Message

COPYRIGHT 2013

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

CHAPTER 25- CARON'S MESSAGE

I walked through the town's streets, with one thing in my mind. Weapons. Back on Earth, Kavos had taught me how to defend myself with a sword, using a precious, beautifully gilded one, with Kavos' initials, K.G.T, made by a swirl of light wieght metal on the handle. Kavos was very proud of it, and because of our sparring, it had often caused us to move around.

"Sir, are you authorised to have this sword?" A heavily accented American cop asked us, whilst we stayed in Ohio.

"In a sense." I giggled, as Kavos winked at me, Kavos was meaning the time he was trained for combat, after the War.

"Prilla. Not the time." Caron whispered in my ear.

"Mr.Dillan. I'm afraid I'm gonna have to search your house."

"There's no need for that Mr..." Kavos squinted at the name badge, "Mr Rowan, I have my forms right here." Kavos handed the man a handful of forms. The officer scrutinized the forms, and I felt Caron's breath being sucked into her chest, and I twisted around from where I was in front of her, to see the worry heavy in her eyes.

"Sorry for disturbing your Saturday, Mr Dillan, I'll leave you in peace." Mr 'Dillan' strode back to us, and we walked back into our house, the officer only saw a man with a family that happened to own an interesting sword. Not the fraud and alien he was. He certainly didn't see the relieved hug we shared as the man drove away.

I had stopped frozen in my memories, before being dragged back to reality. I felt a stab of grief pulling at my heart, I felt the sting of tears in my eyes. Why couldn't they be here now? Why did they...

"Cassy! Cass!" I heard a male voice calling my name. I did not need to tur my head to know it was Percy. I walked on as if I never heard him. Percy soon caught up with me. I remained indifferent, as he pulled on my arm.

"Hey!" I shrugged off Percy's hand.

"Whoa! Chill, girl!"  I ignore him, "So are you gonna tell me what I've done to upset you, because, if anything, I should be the one angry here. I mean, you left me, mid-mouthful." 

"Yeah, sorry about that." I continued to walk on, trying to shake off Percy, but he was like a relentless puppy.

"Wow! You hear that folks? She spoke to me!" 

"Shut up!" I growled, swinging around at him, and gifting him with my best glare.

"Can you tell me what's wrong please?" He lowered his voice, looking me full in the eye.

"Do you know a good blacksmith?" I asked, turning away and leaving Percy behind, lost to the crowds of Monday market. I felt him grab my wrist, and before I had the chance to harm him, he was pulling me away.

I resisted against him, before he said to me, "You were going the wrong way! For Darth's sake follow me!" I hid a smile, trying to glare at Percy, but our faces just broke into smiles.

----

"What was it you had in mind?" Asked the black smith, Coric. At first, I thought we had walked into a trap, I nearly jumped out of my skin when I saw the huge muscled shadow framed by the dancing light of fire. But when I transformed into my defense stance facing the fire, I saw the shadow belonged to a dwarf. but not just any dwarf, a Brassan Mountain Dwarf, renowned for their craftsmanship of handsome metal work. 

Since then, Coric patrolled the racks of swords behind me, guiding me with his gruff voice to a sword that would suit me.

"My... Father," I forced the word past my lips,"He had an exquisite sword, it was light, but had some weight in my hand, and had beauty as well as the power to kill. It was a medium sized blade, and silver to the light, with a handle wrapped with nothing more than leather. That was the sword I learnt on, and that is the sword I wish to have at my side." I told Coric stubbornly. He appeared shocked for a moment, before he calmed his expression.

"I may have just the thing for you. But first, let us sit. Now, what was your "Father"'s name?"

"Kavos Garon Tarth." I replied instantly, regretting the ease in which the name slipped off of my tongue.

"Hmmm. Is that so? And your mother?" I could tell he knew the person I was about to say was not my blood related mother.

"Caron Hayli Tarth."

"And your sister?" The words slapped me in the face.

"S-sister?" 

"Yes. You have a sister, do you not?" 

"I never knew I did." I lifted my gaze from Coric's stone grey eyes, to sweep across the room, but I didn't really see anything.

"Why can't have a little sister? Or even a brother?" My 12year old self whined to Caron. We were in the kitchen, Caron was trying to tidy up, which was almost surreal, as Kavos and Caron were the untidiest people I knew. Somehow we had gotten on to the conversation of siblings.

"Cassy." Caron told firmly. But she sighed, and turned to me, "Cass, you do have a sister. She is the same age as you, but she is not blood related. She's mine and Kavos' daughter. She is called 'Maria', she has chestnut, curly hair and big brown eyes. I'm going to have to make you forget this, my dear, for me and Kavos must protect Maria as well as you."

"How will you make me forget?"

"In Coria, Cassy, it is not uncommon to have magickal ability-"

"Like telepathy?"

"Yes, like telepathy. But I can heal you just by touching you, I can move things and I can use magick to create energy to defend myself. But I can also make people forget things."

"Oh." 

"Sometimes, if I try very hard, I can see the future too. I can see that in a few years from now, you will have two dragons, Riki and Tiki, they are your closest friends. I can see you standing in a blacksmiths. Ah, not just any blcksmith's, Coric's. Say hello to him from me, won't you?" I nod my head, "Good girl.

"You are looking for a sword. One like Kavos', the one you have learnt on. Well, a couple of years ago, Karoth went back to Coria, leaving the sword in Coric's care. OK Cass?"

"Yes." 

"But, above all, when you are at despairs end; you must remember who you are. You are a draguard. You can look after your dragons, as well as yourself, but sometimes it's hard to let people in. But you can trust the boy.

"I won't be with you when you are in Coria, so when you remember this message, say hello to Maria. She is a maid for the Palace, I think, but my foresight is now clouding. Now, all that's left is for me to make you forget, my child, I love you."

"I love you too." Caron smiled at me gravely, and I know that wasn't for me, but for the draguard, I know I'm loved, but does the draguard? I then forgot about that whole converstion.

"Why can't have a little sister? Or even a brother?"  I asked suddenly.

******

Chapter 25 is done ;) I hope you like it!

Next chapter after 25 reads!

Have a nice day/morning/afternoon/evening ;)