Chapter 5- Remember

COPYRIGHT 2013

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

CHAPTER 5- REMEMBER

Me and Karoth took places at either sides of a long, sleek limousine, me as far away from him as possible.

"Champagne, Cassy?" He asked me offering a glass.

"No." Silence dragged on.

I don't know how long the car journey took, I didn't take much notice of where we were headed. I was just fixed in the position where I was, looking out of the window, not really seeing.

How did I know I could trust this man? How did I know he was telling the truth? I didn't know. The only thing I could blame it on, was my gut. I knew I could trust Karoth to a certain extent.

What was it that was mine?

"Alright, that's enough thinking for today." Karoth told me clapping his hands, "Why don't you ask me some questions?" I glanced at him tiredly.

"Your inside my head." I looked away.

"No! I am Telepathic." He smiled at me, like I was a little child that had asked a naive question.

"Hmm..." I was unimpressed. It was not abnormal for Corians to be Telepathic.

"Oh come on kid! Do you have no sense of curiosity? Don't you wanna know what it is I've got?!" I shrugged, "Course you do. That's why your always thinking about it."

"Could you do me a favour?"

"Yes?"

"Shut up." He smiled, but thankfully stayed silent for the rest of the journey.

--------

I must have dozed off, I don't remember the rest if the car journey; just when the the car slowed to a halt.

The chauffeur opened the door opposite me, and I was startled by the sunlight. I flinched, and looked warily to Karoth.

"After you, my dear." He purred, watching me as I scrambled out of the limo. I turned around, and peered into the car.

"Don't call me that." Karoth shrugged, "Man, this guy is annoying." I thought.

"I heard that." I ignored him. I had just seen the house.

'House' did not bring that place to justice.

It was a mansion. A beautiful mansion. We had parked on a gravel driveway, the ground crunching under my feet. Perched under the tiles keeping a watchful eye on me, where dragons. Stone ones, of course. I did a double take at them, they looked so realistic, I half expected one to spring down to the ground.

The door was made of big, red, wood, and like the steps, the mansion was made if stone, and a whisteria climbed up the side of the house, dripping with purple-blue flowers.

I involuntarily gasped.

"Welcome, my Princess, to my kingdom!" He shouted, throwing his arms wide, seriously, I was regretting my choice of coming with this man. There was something wrong with him, I was sure of it.

I shot him a fiery look, and he quickly glanced away, red colouring his ears. I felt a small moment of triumph at embarrassing Karoth.

"Of course, Cassy, the Black Palace at Home, is much more grander, but oh well, this'll do for now." He sighed, as we started up the large steps.

I heard the crunch of gravel and saw the limo glide away from us. I felt a sinking feeling, that was my last ticket out of here gone.

The door swung open for us, and we were greeted by a silent, solemn unsmiling butler. Karoth stepped in impatiently, whereas I was more hesitant.

We turned right, down a series of stairs, left, right, left, left and then right, until we came to a huge metal door. Karoth stopped in front of me. His face fell into a serious expression, as he looked at me with dark eyes.

"Cassy, I need you to remember. Did Caron or Kavos say anything that really stuck out in your mind? About Coria? Or some creatures of Coria?"

I thought for a moment, and focused on the wall in front if me. I knew Karoth would not be able to hear my thoughts now, I just couldn't allow myself to get distracted. I heard Karoth tut in annoyance.

I remembered something. Something shifted in my memories. Like something was there but I just couldn't see it yet. Obviously, the thought to tell Karoth never crossed my mind once. I shook my head.

"Well Chook, your family awaits you."