Chapter 24- When It All Went Wrong.

So... I just want to say thanks for the sudden vote + read boom, this one is dedicated to all those fans ;) I just needed 15 I got 60 :L

*****

COPYRIGHT 2013

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

CHAPTER 24- WHEN IT ALL WENT WRONG.

"Erm..." A heard a cough, a rude awakening from my deep slumber. My eyes blearily opened to see a tall, striking boy holding a brush. I immediately took note of his shaggy, blonde-brown hair and mesmerizing blue eyes that seemed to be made for light.

"If your finished here, I need to sweep the stable." He told me nervously fiddling with the broom handle. Something pulled on my memories. I desperately tried to sort through them to find out where he was from. 

"So, er, would you get out of here please?" He took a step forward, offering me his hand, "Are you alright?" I ignored his hand, pulling myself up. I suddenly realised how silent I had become.

"Oh, er, sorry, I-" And it felt like someone smacked me in the face with Riki's diamond tail. I knew this boy.

"Your the one who-"

"Yes. I carried you to the Home. And yes, you did try to break my wrist." I blushed crimson.

"Yeah, I, er, do that. You know how it is."

"Actually, I don't, you see, usually I just say 'hi'." He smiled.

'Aw, Cass. You've got your very first friend, how sweet.' Tiki laughed at me, through a closed mental link.

"Shut up." I growled.

"Listen buddy, I'm not the one standing in the stable with straw in my hair!" He snapped at me.

"Whoa! Dude. Calm it. That was meant for my dragon." It was his turn to blush red.

"Dude? Honestly?"

"Mate, I'm not the one going around calling people buddy! Anyway, buddy, what's your name?"

"Percy Lorence, at your service." He held out his hand for me to shake.

"I'm Cass, I mean Prilla." He laughed at me, "Percy? Is that your first name?" I was confused, and I laced my words with venom, trying to make him sorry for his laugh.

"No... Yes. Yes it is." He hung his head in mock shame.

"Well? Your middle name?"

"My name..."

"Aw, come on! It can't be worse than Prilla, can it?" I asked, jabbing him in the ribs.

"Yes it can. That's why I'm not telling you!" He snapped.

"MAUD? STOP FLIRTING, MORE WORKING!" I heard an angry man say. I burst into laughter.

"Maud? Honestly, your name is-" I couldn't finish my sentence. I was doubled over, clutching my sides.

"Hey! Can you get out of the way?! I need to do my job for once, Prilla."

"Call... Me... Cassy..."

"And you can call me Percy." Percy pushed me aside, and started to angrily sweep up the hay. I stayed with him for the rest of the day, and for my time in Coria, he was my best friend.

-----

"So, tonight, where are you gonna spend the night? Not in another stable?" Percy asked me, as we sat in The King's Crown, tucking into a huge dinner of some cow-like meat. I bristled at his question, staring at him warily. I put my knife and fork down, crossed my arms over my chest, and leaned back in my chair.

"What's it to you?" I asked quietly, looking anywhere but at Percy.

"What?" Percy asked me.

"What's it to you whether I sleep in a stable?!" I yelled, thumping my fist on the table, causing the whole tavern to transform from rowdy to silence.

"Whoa! Cass, calm down! I didn't mean anything by it. I was concerned for your welfare, it's obvious you can look after yourself." And, as I turned back to calm the King's Crown turned back to usual noise.

"I'm sorry." I apologised, and excused myself.

I started to walk back to the Dragon Quarters, but I soon started to run. With my speed, within minutes I arrived. I proved Tiki wrong, by scaling the gate with expert ease. I sprung down, and shakily walked over to Riki and Tiki. They lazily lifted their heads at my presence.

'Cassy...'

'No, Riki.'

'Cass, you can't rebuke someone just for taking an interest in your well being... Cass, take Dalia, she looked after you, and now your back on your feet. And when your parents died, Caron and Kavos.'

'SHUT UP!' I screamed, feeling broken, I curled up into a ball and sobbed myself to sleep.

*****

Thank you to everyone who follows me ;)

Next chapter after 25 reads :P

Have a nice day/morning/afternoon/evening ;)