Arnav

Arnav Singh Raizada allows himself a shut eye for 5 minutes. Today had been a busy day. He had closed a huge deal successfully and he is genuinely pleased with himself. His musing is interrupted by a gentle knock in the glass door. He looks up, its Lavanya. Arnav's face breaks into a huge smile.
" ASR! Congrats !" Lavanya gives him a huge grin as she enters and sits in front of him.
"Thanks Lavanya. Congrats to you too, we did it. You have worked hard for this deal " , Arnav says fondly to his friend.
After Khushi was gone, it was Lavanya who had saved him. She had taken the first flight to India as soon as she had learned the news about his disastrous marriage. It was her who had broken into his room and pulled him out of his bed 3 days later and he was still refusing to come out. She had coaxed him, scolded him, Given him pep talks and she was the reason he was able to walk through the door of his office one week later. She had seen him cry, she had seen him at the worst state of his life and she had stood by him like a rock. And at the office too, she proved to be a valuable employee. Arnav was grateful.
From the annoying girlfriend to the now thoughful and kind and gentle person that she is today, Lavanya had come a long way. And Arnav sometimes wonders if he would ever be able to get out of his misery if Lavanya had not been there for him.
"Why are you at the office? The ring ceremony is in a week. Should not you be shopping or something?" He asks her playfully. He knows how nervous she is about it. Yes, the great Miss Kashyap had her insecurities too.
Lavanya groans, "Please don't remind me. I am so nervous, I hope I don't burn down the venue or something. I am still not sure your Nani likes me. She definitely scares me. And why does the ring ceremony has to be in your house!! I wish your Nani would not be so bossy and had gone with my plans of holding the ceremony in Sheraton. I am telling you, she is not happy with this wedding."
Lavanya's shoulders slump.
" Chill La. There's nothing like that. Nani likes you just fine and I assure you she is excited about the wedding. And as for the venue, you know my crazy family, they like to organize everything themselves. It would give Nani, Mami and di reason to have fun. And there has not been any big celebration in the Mansion since Akash'd wedding." Arnav voice trails off.
"I know I know! Its just, I am scared I guess" Lavanya finishes wistfully.
"Lavanya, whatever happened the last time between us, its in the past, my family doesn't hate you for any of it. It was my fault! So stop worrying yourself and start getting ready for it. Take the week off. There isn't much work , I will manage." Arnav chides her.
"Are you sure?"
"Yes. Just go. Have fun. It's your big day."
"Okay, call me if you need me" Lavanya reaches for him for quick hug.
"Yeah, now get out before I change her mind." Arnav smiles as Lavanya rushes out.