Myra

The last week had been.....different. Myra had taken her son Aarav to see Delhi. She had taken him to the major tourist spots, they had walked through the crowded markets of Sarojini market, she had taken Aarav and taught him how to bargain with the street shop vendors and auto-rikshawpullers who try to charge you must. Myra hasn't feel so alive in ages.
What am I doing Myra thinks.
I didn't come all the way here to play in Appughar. Stop being a coward Myra. Its time you keep your promise. I will go see amma and babuji tomorrow. Myra thinks dolefully as she pats Aarav's head. He's fast asleep, unaware of his mother's dilemma.
------------
The next day dawns hot and sunny, just another Delhi autumn day.
"Aarav baby, finish up your cereal fast. Today we will go to meet grandmaa and grandpa. " Myra tries to speak nonchalantly as she brushes her hair. She had mentioned her parents in front of Aarav before, of course. He has heard stories about them, about their life in Lucknow, about his payal maasi and nani buwa but those were stories. Will he be able to handle when he finally sees the people in his stories for real? And how would they react to him?? To them, Aarav doesn't even exist.
Myra cannot come up with an answer that would give her the strength to go through the next phase of her plan. She doesn't know if she's doing the right thing. But its too late to turn back now. She must do what she had come to do in the first place. Its time she introduces Aarav to the family she had been telling stories of all these years.
Devi maiyaa don't let my boy get hurt. For the first time in a long time Myra finds herself sending a silent prayer to a higher being she had given up on years ago.
------------
Myra and Aarav takes an autorikshaw. Myra is giving directions to the poor driver. She smiles at Aarav every now and then but if you noticed carefully you will see the lines of worry creasing up on her forehead.
She does not know whether her parents are okay, she doesn't know what happened to Payal Di. She doenot know how is he. Is he okay? Has he moved on? Myra does not know which answer would break her heart more, yes or no. Will amma babuji forgive her for what she did? Did she make more damage by running away? Will nani, Anjali di understand that she didnot want to hurt anybody? Every question that had kept her awake countless nights in Seattle, she will get her answers to all of them soon and the thought terrifies her.
"madum yeh aaya aapka address" Myra jolts back into reality.
We're here. She panicks.
"Mom come on, let's go, what are you doing" Aarav says impatiently.
"Wait kiddo, let me pay first" Myra says as confidently as she can master. And it does give up confidence and hope, looking at Aarav's excited face. She takes a deep breath and holding her son's hand, Myra steps onto the veranda of her house and knocks.
---------------
Buaji opens the door. She is probably having a headache because she has tied up a piece of clothe around her head. When she takes a look at her visitor Buaji stands still. She doesn't say a single word. She looks as if she's I. Shock; or she has seen a ghost.
"Buaji, hum hai. Havent you recognize me?" Myra's voice breaks. She had not anticipated this. No amount of strategizing could have prepared her for this.
"Titaliyaan,ye tum hi ho?" Buaji asks as she touches Myra's face with both her hands, as if she is trying to make sure that all of this is real.
"Buaji forgive me. I left because I thought I was doing the right thing but now I am back. Please don't be angry at me. I missed you so much. Where is amma and babuji? Aap sab thik toh ho naa?"
"Sanka devi , you mad girl why did you run off like that leaving us all to die. Arnav babu was heart broken, your babuji, Garima and I , we have waited for you every single day. Haye haye why did you do it Khushi? Why? Arrey Nandkisore eee chora kaun hai? " Buaji stops mid sentence and asks incredulously as she notices Aarav for the first time, who watching open mouthed as his mother was talking with this strange,noisy lady.
"I am her son. Pranaam nani-buwa" Aarav says giving the shocked buaji a lopsided smile and before Myra has a chance to say anything he dives for buwaji's legs, as the two shocked women look on.

-----------------
Hey guys what do you think of the chapter? I wanted to bring out the accents, how buaji speaks, how khushi calls herself hum instead of mai and I felt these details are really important for the story because these things are what that had made IPKLND so special for us. I hope introducing certain Hindi sentences between the dialogues didn't make it to messy. I don't know! I am experimenting. Tell me if you don't like it!
Your comments always mean a lot:)
Xoxo