Chapter 10

-Elrics' point of views---------

"You think she'll be alright? I'm awfully worried about her," Al asked his brother.
"Yeah don't worry. But I am getting an odd feeling about this. Something doesn't feel right about this mission. I don't just feel protective, but I also feel like she might get in trouble sometime while she's there," Ed glanced over at his younger brother. "I swear, if she gets hurt in any way, I'll make sure that the one who hurts her will pay." He swore to himself.
They both watched the train leave and left when it was out of sight, heading back to their house, thoughts of (y/n) and wishes of her coming back safely running through their heads.

---------Your point of view-----------

"You laid the file back into your bag and rested your head against the window, watching the scenery pass you by. You have already made a few stops, and the next was West City. You could hear the voices of people talking in neighboring cabins and the rattling of the train wheels vibrating against the wall. 'Almost there,' you thought. 'Just a little while longer.' Before you knew it, you fell asleep, with your handing holding a little pouch with a locket without a chain inside.

---------About an hour later----------

You were jarred from your sleep when the train suddenly pulled to a halt. An attendant passed by each cabin, announcing that the train stopped at the Pendleton train station. "We hope you enjoyed the ride, and be careful when you exit."
Grabbing your bags, you walked off, looking for a person that was supposed to meet you there. You shrugged and headed out, remembering the way to the hotel. You had previously memorized a map while you were on the train, and managed to make it without getting lost. You walked up to the counter and greeted the clerk. "Hello, my name is (y/n), and I have a reservation."
"You must forgive me ma'am, but we don't offer reservations at this hotel," the man politely responded. You pulled out your badge and a letter, handing the letter to the clerk. "Oh, please forgive me, I didn't know that Central accepts a pretty woman, as yourself, into their military. Please excuse me for my rudeness."
Nodding, you grab the offered key, unaffected by the compliment from the man. You turned away and headed up to your room, avoiding eye contact with anyone while studying them and your surroundings. Upon entering your room, you studied the walls for bugs, like Havoc had taught you, and relaxed when you found none. You set your bags along the far wall next to the bed and flopped down on it, exhausted. You fell asleep, forgetting about alarms or schedules, and slept deeply.