Chapter 7

You sat down at your seat in the office and just stared at the paperwork. You could almost imagine Riza with her pistol, aimed at you and the other officers. You immediately look over at the stack and grabbed the top sheet. It was only a request for donations to a business, and you place it in a separate pile, knowing that you had no power over that.
It felt like hours have gone by as you signed papers, went out to grab some snacks for the office, or did some errands for your superiors. You just sat down as Havoc left Mustang's office and came up to you, a cigarette burning in his mouth. "Hello Havoc." You greeted politely as you sat your pen down and looked up at him expectantly.
"I was wondering if you wanted to hang out after work or something," he winked at you as he leaned against your desk. "Why are you really here Havoc?" You ask, not falling for his flirting. You've been hit on so many times since you have joined, and all of it was from Havoc. He sighed as he pulled the cigarette from his mouth and replied, "The Colonel wants to talk to you in his office."
"Thank you Havoc." You nodded curtly as you pushed your chair back and stood up straight, turning to Mustang's office. You wondered if he was going to reprimand you for slacking off from your work. Maybe it was because you were thinking of him half of the time. You head over, leaving Havoc behind. He walked over to his desk and tossed out his cigarette, and reached into his desk drawer to pull out another one, lit it up, and looked over just to see the door to Colonel Mustang's office close shut.

You sat down across from the Colonel when he motioned for you to sit. You sat up straight, and prepared yourself for his admonishing words. However, what he said next surprised you.
"(y/n), you are to be sent out on a mission to Pendleton, about 50 kilometers northwest of West City. You are to be there to investigate some disturbances in the area. You have a reservation at a hotel for five days. I hope that will be sufficient enough in order for you to find the cause of these disturbances, and I expect a report as soon as you get back. You have a day to prepare, and will leave tomorrow morning." He looked back down at the stack of papers, and you took that as a dismissal. You stood up, bowed slightly, then left, closing the door behind you.