Chapter 3

You and Riza walked into the office and saw two other people at desks, working on some paperwork. Upon seeing Riza, they quickly tried to look focused and avoided eye contact with her. You wonder why they looked so afraid of Hawkeye. You also later learn that your two coworkers were Breda and Fuery.

You halt in front of two large doors and wait for Riza to come back from behind them. As they open, a voice calls out. "Enter."

You walk in and you shut the door behind you. You turn to see Riza standing next to a raven-haired man that sat across the desk and motioned for you to approach. You salute after a hint from Riza and announce yourself. "My name is (y/n), and I'm a new recruit."

"Yes yes. I know who you are," the man said, shifting through what seem to be files. "Second-Lieutenant Hawkeye, you may leave." The colonel dismisses her and she leaves the two of you alone, closing the doors behind her.

"Now, (y/n). It says here that you are 17 of age, and that you are a minor alchemist. Is that correct?" You flinched at hearing 'minor'. The man looked up at you with an eyebrow raised and you reply, "Yes sir." "And that you are under the care of the Elric brothers, and that you were held captive in Ishbal before that?" You nod, and again reply with "Yes sir."

"No need to be so formal with me today (y/n). Let this day just be a 'settle into work' day. Although, work for you from now on will be awfully rough." He added, showing no emotion. You relax, but only slightly, since you are still at work. "please, sit down." The colonel pointed to a leather sofa across from the desk, and you politely sat down while the raven-haired man continued talking.

"My name Is Colonel Roy Mustang, but you will either call me Colonel, or Colonel Mustang. It's formalities from here on out."