Declarations

{Chanel's POV}

Luca took my hand in his before kissing it and staying by my side. Together we walked the span of my fathers extensive packhouse property line until I reached the small lake my father had made, just so my mother could live near the water.

"Well, that was something." Luca sounded.

I turned to face him sadly.

"What's wrong pussycat?" He asked, his previous sound of cool and happy all but washed away at the sight of my now sullen appearance.

"It's just...this all seems like it's happening so fast."

He didn't say anything as He wanted me to be free to get it all out in the open.

"I mean...my dad's talking about stepping down, and replacements, and inheritants...Babies Luca..." I smiled a little.

"Don't get my wolf excited Pussycat...you don't know how difficult it was hearing you talk about our first born and knowing I haven't exactly impregnated you yet is making my wolf want to come out." He smirked.

I rolled my eyes, "I'm being serious... What if I can't have kids, or what if I can only have girls?"

He shrugged nonchalantly, before he gently moved in close to me and took me before placing his arms around my waist. "If we don't have any kids It's not that big a deal...I'm sure Cesare and Evalina are more than capable of having kids who we can leave the pack to...plus with no kids, I wouldn't have to share you with anybody...but if you gave me 20 daughters and no sons I'd he just as happy and only ask they be as beautiful as their mother." He said lovingly as he smiled and then kissed me passionately. "My equal partner in life."

And it was right there, wrapped loosely in his arms that Luca Minicci had managed to dazzle me, no extravagant gifts or spectacular proposal...he was just him, and that was all I needed.

"Marry me."

"What?" He asked in obvious shock.

"I mean it Luca, I love you and if we're going to do this I'm going to need you by my side, it's like you said: equal lovers, partners, and leaders."

"Chanel, I'm suppose to propose to you." He sounded a little humored now.

"If that's your only objection then it looks like we're getting married." I smirked.

"Are you serious about this?"

"Of course I am...I love you Luca Minicci." I smiled wider.

"But, damnit Chanel you told me to dazzle you."

"And you have Love, what's more dazzling than a guy who has seemingly put his own life on hold to be here with me as I try and work things out with my family, and for some reason you still want to be with me despite my psycho ex nearly killing both you and my father...and now this whole Alpha situation."

He remained quiet.

"I don't know why you choose to be with me other than the fact that we are mates, but that doesn't seem like nearly enough...I know I'm no good at his whole girlfriend thing, and I probably won't be any better as a wife...but I can promise that I will try to be everything that you need me to be, because I love you and I want to spend the rest of my life proving that I am worthy of your love in return."