Wedding

{Chanel's POV}

We all looked over at Florence as she questioned everyone about the wedding.

Honestly the wedding was now the furthest thing from my mind, right now I was just filled with worry over my father and getting him better so that we could get the hell out of Texas.

No one said anything, and then Cesare spoke.

"I love Evalina and plan on being with her for as long as I live...so wether we get married today at the wedding we've been planning for months or if it's a week from now or six years away, my love for her wont change one bit, I do apologize to anyone who came out for a wedding and was faced with all of these unseen complications."

"I guess I should own up for that part." Luca said.

At this I sighed, "actually all of this was my fault, I should have been honest from the beginning, I was childish and stupid and none of this would've happened if I had just been honest with myself."

"Well I don't blame you." Giovanni sounded, "I wouldn't want that little shit to be my mate either."

At this I giggled and then others also chimed in.

"Look, let's just push the wedding back, maybe try again next month." Evalina yawned.

I suddenly felt just as tired as she looked...who knows how long I was out for, but the fact remained that today was her wedding day, and I had come this far along...I wasn't about to let anything ruin it now.

"We'll do the wedding, as planned." I said to all that were listening. "Everyone rest up because we're in for a long day."

"I'll go let the staff know we're still doing the wedding." Martin's wife offered sweetly as she suddenly stood up.

"I slept on the plane so I can pick up any tuxes or last minute odds and ins." Florence put in.

"And I'm sure you all are tired." I said to the men who had come from three different packs. "But if you wouldn't mind just keeping an eye out, we all know Vincent lost and is no longer alpha, but this could still result in some underlying animosity."

None of the men said anything, most nodded with the exception of Giovanni's men.

"Alpha?" One of his men asked for clarification.

"Well you heard my brothers mate...keep a look out while the rest of us get this wedding going...the sooner my son gets married is the sooner I can retire and become a grandpa."

There were a few slight chuckles and some very heated blushes coming from Evalina and Cesare, but after that everyone went their separate ways.

I was all prepared to follow Evalina and Kammie to the house when suddenly I was pulled into the same study that caused so much drama only hours ago.

"Where do you think you're going Pussycat?"

I smiled at the sound of his nickname for me. "I have to go with the girls."

"I'm sure they'll be fine without you."

"Luca" I whined before he kissed me.

And for the first time ever I didn't pull back, I wasn't worried anyone would find out, nor were we interrupted.

"I have this idea." He said with a smirk so cunning he could make the devil sell his own soul.

"And why do I have an inkling that's it's a bad idea."

"Hear me out." He instructed as he hooked his index finger since under my chin and began to place small light kisses along my jawline.

I closed my eyes and relished the feel of his romantic little kisses, even though I know Luca well enough that he more than likely wanted to sneak off somewhere and have sex.

"How about..."
"We..."
"Go down"

He said in between pecks, his words velvety smooth and making my heart race.

"To the courthouse..."
"And elope..?"

I eyes flew open and I stepped away from him.

"No."

"What?!" He growled in shock and anger.

"Calm down loverboy, I'm not rejecting you, just rejecting your idea...I told you it was a bad one."

"W-why wouldn't you want to marry me?" He asked a little more softly and a lot more hurt.

I stepped back towards him, filling the gap I had put between us. "Luca, MY Luca." I smiled as I gently wrapped my arms around his waist and lifted my head to kiss his cheek.

"I do want to marry you Love, but what makes you think I don't want a wedding?" I asked.

He remained silent.

"I know how I may come off, but I can assure you that I am still a romantic sort of girl...I want the wedding dress, and the music, the flowers, and the handwritten vows."

He sighed, "you're right, and you deserve all of that Pussycat...I just don't want anyone to ever try and take you away again."

"What happened, will NEVER happen again." I smiled. "...oh and Luca Love, don't even think for one second that, THAT was a proposal."

He chuckled as the seriousness was all gone now.

"And how should I propose then Pussycat?"

I smiled as I pretended to ponder things over, he bent down and continued to kiss me.

Once more I allowed my eyes to close, and briefly he stopped.

"Well Pussycat, you gotta let me know what it is you want me to do, I order for you to tell me how to win your heart and make you mine fully."

I couldn't hide the radiant smile that was now filling my face.

"Dazzle me."

And just like that I gave him one final kiss before I exited the study and resumed my maid of honor duties.

"Still playing cat and mouse?" Cesare asked as I passed him on my way out of the pack house.

This time I smirked, "you have no idea."

"Hey quick question now that I've got you alone." He sounded.

I paused to give him my full attention and nodded for him to go on.

"After we get back home, I mean once you live with my uncle...that is even if your not married." He sighed and shook his head in confusion. "Sorry, I do apologize for the boldness. But what should I call you?"

And at this I suddenly realized just what he meant.

Luca is Cesare's uncle by blood, through marriage (when the day comes) that will make me Cesare (and by extension, Evalina's) Aunt.

This time I shook my own head, this was too weird. "J-just Chanel," I said before trying to ease the growing awkwardness. "Or gorgeous beautiful goddess supreme...that will work also." I added to lighten the mood.

He seemed to be in an easier sort of mood now, I couldn't believe I hadn't actually put much thought into that.

Once more I made my way out of the pack house this time I was stopped by my grandfather.

"Hi grand poppy." I smiled.

He nodded, "We need to talk Chanel." He sounded seriously

"Oh?" I asked, my smile falling now.

His expression was unreadable and his composure was poised as usual. "It's about your mate, Luca Minicci."