Confessions

"Cesare!" Chanel sounded surprised.

With his hands now on his hips he sighed, "What the hell are you guys doing...you two know you shouldn't be doing this."

"Nephew, it isn't what you think." I said boredly.

"Look..." He sighed, his slight anger subsiding. "I've always suspected there was something going on between you two...I first noticed it back in Jersey, the way you two acted so weird around each other." He continued.

"Nephew...-"

"The one girl you shouldn't mess with Luca...do you even care that she's Vincent's girlfriend or the fact that we're on his land...imagine if he had caught you two?"

"Cesare." Chanel sounded once more.

He shook his head and held a hand up, silently telling her to be quiet. So I spoke.

"You have every right for concern when it comes to the safety of Evalina and Kammie as well as any other pack members of ours on Vincent's land...But you will not presume to tell me what to do nor will I allow you to disrespect Chanel in any way."

He looked at me, as if suddenly remembering himself. The fact of the matter is I am his uncle and currently his alpha as well, since his mate is technically still considered part of my pack and he has been staying with her in one of the pack houses on my land.

"My apologies uncle."

"Cesare" Chanel said in a desperate sort of whisper. "I have never asked you for anything, but now I have to ask you to do the near impossible...I have to ask that you keep this to yourself, not even Evalina can know."

He remained silent for some time before finally speaking. "This won't end well."

None of us spoke anymore on the matter, Chanel silently went into her own tent while Cesare and I remained outside.

"How did you know to come and find us?" I asked.

"I didn't." He sighed tiredly. "I had already come to the tent and was honestly already half asleep when I remembered that Chanel was out by the fire, I didn't want her to fall asleep outside so I went out to check on her. I assumed you had ignored my wishes and left for the night, but when I didn't see Chanel I was going to make my way to her tent to see if she was in there."

I kept quiet and he continued.

"I was about to douse the fire out when I sensed two Weres exiting the woods. Of course I put up my defenses and that's when I watched as you two emerged. The minute I saw your shirt on her I knew instantly what had happened."

Silence surrounded us just then.

"Dammit Luca...why would you put all of us in danger like this...is all of this sneaking around and sleeping with the alpha's girlfriend worth it?"

"Chanel is my mate."

For the first time since meeting her I had finally been able to say it out loud and my wolf rose up with pride.

Cesare looked stunned at first before his eyes softened and became (shockingly) understandingly.

He gave me a sad smile, "I never thought we'd see the day."

I chuckled humorlessly, "it hasn't exactly been a cake walk with Chanel, she's probably one of three girls I know who don't want me, or at least she didn't want me." I sighed. "Up until I came here nothing much had ever happened between Chanel and I, maybe it's just too much, having to watch her with HIM."I growled.

"Why don't you just go home Luca."

"Leaving isn't even an option anymore, I won't miss my only nephew's wedding nor will I even think about leaving here without her."

He sighed heavily into the night. "I won't ask you to stay away from her while we're here...I know that's damn near impossible to do when it comes to your mate, but can you at the very least try and keep things socially acceptable."

"It won't be without great difficulty," I smirked....then the reality of Chanel and I more than likely not finding ourselves alone again hit me. "I'll do my best to keep things...rated G."

He nodded, "maybe I can convince Evalina to bump the wedding up earlier...the sooner you two are away from Vincent, the better."

After we had wrapped up the conversation he did put out the fire like he initially intended to do and then went into our tent.

I sat outside for a moment longer.

I was thinking about the events of tonight, it so easily could have been Vincent or a member of his pack that found Chanel and I.

"We can take him!" My wolf growled.

I shook my head, "we must think of everyone and not just us."

"We can take him, think about our mate!"

"It's her who we have to protect the most." I said, who knows how Vincent would react if he found out about her and I, what if she told him? What would he do to her?

My mind was made up...for the safety of my mate, I would have to restrain myself long enough to make sure she gets off of these lands safely.

This would definitely be easier said than done.

But I knew there was something else I could do to help Chanel and I, I know she won't like it..but when we're together and running my pack as a mated couple, she may just end up thanking me.

I went to pull out my phone when I felt the presence of someone come over to me.

"Kammie?"

"O-oh, hello Alpha." She sounded surprised at finding me out here.

"Please Kammie, you can call me Luca...what brings you out here?"

"I...well, I just can't sleep outside." She sighed, "it's making my wolf feel like we're rouges again, and when you're a rogue you're always on alert, you don't sleep too good when you're constantly thinking you could be killed at any moment."

I felt bad for her, it seemed like such a rational fear now.

"Would it be better if you went back to the girls cabin?"

She shrugged, "it still a strange place, but as weird as it may sound, the walls are comforting."

I didn't hesitate to act, I hadn't wanted to be here tonight anyways, I put my plans on hold and offered Kammie a ride to the girls cabin.

She hesitated but after looking toward the tents she agreed.

I went into the tent and grabbed my jacket, "Hey Kammie's not feeling up to camping, so I'm taking her back to the girls cabin...keep an eye on the girls for me okay?"

He nodded.

_____

It was a quiet car ride but it wasn't awkward. When we reached the lake house coined "the bridal cabin" Kammie thanked me meekly before letting herself out, I waited until she let into the cabin safely before I took off.

As I drove toward the ranch I couldn't help but feel uncomfortable about this whole situation. I hated knowing I was going to purposely piss of Chanel in one way or another.

I pulled up to the ranch and killed the ignition, for a moment I just sat in the rental car weighing the pros and cons before I finally pulled out my phone.

I found Sasha's number and pressed call.

She answered almost immediately, "is it time?"

I smirked at her enthusiasm, I knew she was only fueled to do this purely to sate her own curiosity, she wanted to know who my mate is.

"Can you arrive in two days?"

"Will do Minicci...but are you sure you want to go through with this?" She asked softly.

"See you soon." I answered before hanging up, I didn't need her to go changing my mind. I knew she would be a good distraction from keeping an suspicions away from anyone linking me with Chanel...especially Vincent. If I had a girl with me they'd all assume we were together, and that exactly what I need Vincent to believe...if he didn't see me as a threat, I knew my Mate would be safe until we can leave.