True Colors

{Chanel's POV}

I found myself utterly grateful for the huge distraction the wedding was posing.

As of late i had become Evalina's voice: ordering things, instructing people, and making sure everything was up to Evalina's ideal wedding.

"So I have something for you."

I turned to find Evalina standing pretty with a pink bag in her hand.

"Aww Lina you didn't have to get me anything."

She shook her head from side to side, "no, you have been a spectacular wedding planner and an even better friend...I know this entire thing has probably been beyond stressful and I just want you to know how much I appreciate you and all of your hard work, I honestly don't know how I would've done any of this without you."

I took the bag from her and carefully removed the perfect tissue paper and finally found a suede box, upon opening it was a beautiful necklace.

"Lina-"

"None of that" she sounded upon hearing my initial protest. "This is also your 'thank you for being my maid of honor/bridal party' gift...so no objections please."

I smiled before pulling her into a hug.

"Yeah, Cesare should be giving Luca his gift today too."

The sound of his name made my wolf stir with anticipation and happiness. I had finally accepted Luca as my mate fully and I found I couldn't wait until we could finally be out and open.

I pulled away from the hug and looked at Evalina.

"What's up?" She asked sensing that I had something on my mind.

I was just about to tell her when I remembered where I was..."let's go for a walk."

She looked at me a bit skeptically but agreed and soon we exited the large pack house.

As I stepped out I felt as if I could breathe once more, it's so strange how suffocating just being in Vincent's pack house was. My wolf was ready to go home and I didn't blame her.

"So what's going on Chanel?"

I let out a sigh, but it was one of contentment.

"I've found my mate."

To say the words were elating and I couldn't hide the smile that was now etched onto my face.

Evalina smiled and nodded, true she already knew I had a mate...thing is, last time we talked she mostly insinuated and I never really or to tell her.

"The thing is, I was sooo childish...to be honest I can't believe he actually even still wants me as his mate after everything I've put him through, but by some miracle he doesn't care."

"I told Cesare...I mean why else would he propose?" She giggled.

At this I couldn't help but hang my head in shame. "I should have told you sooner...and I should have NEVER COME HERE...Evalina, Vincent isn't my mate, my mate is Luca."

Her expression was purely unreadable.

Her mouth hung open just ajar, her eyes were wide, and no sound came from her.

"Wh-,I tho-, Luca?"

I nodded.

"But it's Luca!"

I got defensive, "he isn't nearly as bad as everyone thinks he is."

"No, it's not that...you know I adore Luca, it's just, I though you two hated each other."

My tears were beginning to spring forward and I chuckled a humorless chuckle to attempt to pull her attention away from my obvious embarrassment. "I was a fool, and in my attempt to push him away I acted harshly toward him, but never once did he think any less of me." I confessed, my stupid tears now threatening to spill from my pent up emotions.

"Why would you try to push him away?"

I chuckled a very wet chuckle, "can you believe I actually thought I was too good for him" I admitted with shame. "But in all reality, he's been too good for me."

She shook her head and then hugged me, I let my body lean on her own little frame and let everything come out.

"I've created this huge mess with Vincent now, and I don't know how to break it to my dad."

"Your father loves you, and I'm sure he will love whoever your mate is."

I nodded, she was right, how could my family not accept Luca given my own known history, I'm lucky my mate didn't flat out reject me.

"So I'm assuming you will be staying at home instead of moving back to New Jersey?"

The tears were gone now, and I cleared my face, "well He hasn't exactly asked me to move in or anything.

She rolled her eyes, "oh please, you're practically the Luna already."

"I couldn't agree more." Vincent suddenly sounded from behind us.

He smiled at the two of us and Evalina expertly smiled back at him while I internally worried and stressed over how much he had heard.

"I'm sorry to interrupt ladies, but the flowers have just arrived and they require your signature." He said to me.

Suddenly I snapped out of my panicked state and irritation kicked in, "how are the flowers here, I specifically told the florist they are to be delivered tomorrow and they're suppose to be sent to the venue, not the pack house."

He came over and rested his hands on my shoulders from behind me, "I'm sure it will be fine."

"Iiii'm gonna go look for my groom to be...see you two later." Evalina voiced, she obviously felt uncomfortable around Vincent knowing he isn't my mate now.

No sooner had she left did I sigh in a frustrated fashion, along with the sigh came a tight squeeze to my shoulders...too tight to be comforting.

"Where is your ring?" Vincent growled lowly into my ear.

Between the slight throb of pain surging through my shoulders and the absolute shock of him becoming so territorial all of a sudden I didn't respond immediately.

"Don't forget Chanel, what taking that ring off represents...I want to see that ring on you when we pick up your father and grandfather from the airport this evening...or there will be consequences."

"Consequences." I sounded angrily as I ripped my body from his hold. "Let's get one thing very fucking clear...I asked you not to propose and you did anyways, I haven't given you answer...and more so you aren't my father, husband, or mate... so don't try to start telling me what to do...I like you and respect that you and my father are friends and alliances...but don't ever fucking put your hands on me again."

A small part of me urged me to be silent, she knew better than to challenge an alpha...but I am an Alpha's daughter as well as an Alpha's Mate...and I will never let anyone treat me like I'm weak.

He looked at me, standing here now I could sense that something was off...something about him in this moment felt like I was standing facing a complete stranger...this wasn't the same Vincent who I had gotten to know a little over the summer. Suddenly his phone rang and I was grateful for the unexpected call.

"I have to go into work... freshen yourself up, and do try and look presentable for your father's arrival tonight."

As I watched him leave I couldn't believe what had just happened.

One thing was for sure though...I could NEVER tell Luca about the actions Vincent just displayed, Luca would kill him.