PROLOUGE

By Sophia Ruffo

Copyright © 2013 Sophia Ruffo

All rights reserved. No part of this book may be produced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including copying, recording, or by any information storage and retrieval system without express permission from the author. This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, places, and incidents are either the product of the author's imagination or used fictitiously.

---

Hi, my name is Macy. Macy Devont. I was born into a food loving Italian family so it was no surprise that around 10 years old I started to get a little bit... fat. That didn't bother me until I hit middle school where the girls spent their time gossiping about your flaws and the boys were dicks.

Every day I would walk home alone because every day I would cry as I walked so no one could see how much they hurt me. Names like 'Lardo' and 'Fat bitch' were the gentlest of the insults I endured. But that would all go away when I sang. Unfortunately I hardly ever sang anywhere except in the shower or in my room. So in my 7th grade year I was pushed over the edge- the ridicules and teasing had finally pushed me off the cliff. I became bulimic.

I'm 18 now but I've kept my secret well hidden and can proudly say to myself that I'm getting thinner. But not thin enough. Bulimia on its own isn't working fast enough. I need to stop eating and start working out. So now that I've moved out of the home I've lived in for 18 years and live in a new city- I can start over and be the perfect me.