CHAPTER 11

"Gimme the iPod." Lamb demanded playfully. Sighing I got up from my place on the carpet and shuffled over to the kitchen counter. Grabbing the damn iPod, I chuckled. Silly, lazy Lamb, no clue what I was going to do.

"Catch!" I exclaimed, chucking the iPod at her head.

"Fu-" she started, trying and failing to shield her face. The iPod hit her squarely on her right cheek. Rubbing her face, she flipped me off and started to flick through the music until she found something she approved of. Settling on Dance, Dance she sat up and started humming.

"So how's you're impressive, high-paying job at CVS?" I asked sarcastically.

"Oh you know, so great, I'm just rolling in dough." She responds, gesturing to nonexistent piles of cash. "I'm really providing." She rolls her eyes and fully stands up, walking to the kitchen and pacing in front of the pantry. Finally deciding on popcorn, she takes out a bag and sticks it in the microwave.

"How about you?"

"My job? Oh its great, I especially love the nonexistent boss"

"No you little shit, how's your life?"

"Its ok, little bit of this, little bit of that. Ya know?"

"You been talking to Mars lately?"

The microwave beeps, distracting her for a minute. After pouring it into a bowl, she looks at me to continue. "Well, yea. We talk all the time actually."

"Awwww new OTP, I'm calling it"

"Shut up nerd"

"NEVER! OTP OTP FOR LYFE!"

"Ha. Ha. So cute of you. But I still barely know him. I don't think its serious yet."

"Why not? You sexed him up, you gave away the V-card, which by the way, really? How were you of all people a virgin?"

"Ugh, because. That's why."

"Because. That's why." she mocked. I laughed, playfully shoving her. Shoveling popcorn into her mouth, Lamb makes a face.

"Save it for the movie!"

"Fine. Let's go then, before I eat the whole thing. Pick your poison." We plop down in the couch and she flicks through Netflix.

"Zoolander, I've never seen that."

"Ok well number one: fuck you how dare you, and number two: ok."

---

After the movie, we ended up taking the bus to the mall with May. Apparently it had just been remodeled and in the words of May, "Its like a big fancy freaking hotel!"

"Ahhhh so beautiful!" May squealed, hopping up and down and clapping. Lamb rolled her eyes and grabbed her hand and dragged her toward Lush. I began walking toward it, but I caught a glimpse out of the corner of my eye of the most beautiful and precious store of all, Barnes and Noble. Walking in I looked around and headed toward the YA section. I hummed a random tune as I walked up and down the aisle, not really looking for any book in particular. 

"Macy?" I whipped around.

"Mars? Wait where are you?"

"In the next aisle. Duh."

"Oh. Oh yea. I'm smart." 

Mars walked around the corner, seeing me his face lit up. He pulled me into a hug. "Haven't seen you in a while."

"Dude, like two days."

He smiled and did that cute guy stretch, putting his arms over his head so his shirt showed just a hint of his stomach. "Hah, yea but I missed you though!" He smiled, reaching for my hand. Taking his and facing him I smiled back. "I really missed you, ok" he mumbled.

"Awh, I missed you too." I whispered. Walking around the store I noticed all the little details of Mars' face, the sprinkle of freckles on his nose and the flecks of yellow in his bright green eyes. 

"So what have you been up to, busy bee?"

"Just moving in, getting settled, applying for jobs. The basics."

"Wow, that's riveting  stuff."

"Well you asked."

"Ok well sorry for wanting to know. Here, how about this- we tell each other one good thing and one bad thing about our day every day."

"Okayyyyy."

"I'll start. Yesterday I finished  writing a song- which was a good thing, and today I found out that CVS has already been fully stocked with Christmas stuff, that was the bad thing- well I guess not bad, but annoying."

"You nerd, let Christmas do what it wants to do."

"I will- in December."

"Oh my god." I groaned, shaking my head, "You can't just let Christmas live? For me?"

"Fine, but only because you want it." he replied, approaching the doors he walked in front and held it open for me. We walked over to Lush so I could meet up with Lamb and May. They were still checking out the bath bombs, and were carrying a bag full of items they had decided to buy.

"Oh good, you're back, and you snagged a pack mule- nice." Lamb noted, "here take these over to checkout, I'll be there in a sec." she said, handing the bag to Mars.

"Wow you really went overboard." 

"Just a little, so whats up with him?"

"We bumped into each other at Barnes and Noble, just caught up."

"Good good." she replied, only half listening. We got in line with Mars and payed for our things. On the way out Mars pulled me aside.

"Hey Macy, I loved seeing you today."

"Yea, I had a good time."

"Would you, perhaps go on another date with me? Tomorrow? At eight?"

"Hell yea."

"Well ok, I'll see you then."

"See you then" He leaned over and kissed me on the forehead.

"Bye."

"Bye."

---

When I got home I turned on the TV and was trying to relax when my phone buzzed in my pocket. Taking it out, I looked at the message, it was from Mars.

You never told me your two things

Yea I guess I didn't

Well no time like the present