CHAPTER 3

When I woke up this morning, I decided that I would spend the day working out. So I got into some comfy clothes, packed a gym bag with a change of regular clothes. Then I was on my way.

As I arrived at the gym I realized that it was actually a country club. I needed a membership to get in. "Oh shit," I said under my breath, "shit shit shit!"

Two stereotypical soccer moms overheard me while waling to their cars and they looked at me like who the hell does she think she is? Well I think I'm a girl who has to spend some god damn money today. I walk up to the front desk and say "I'd like a membership, please." The woman sitting there pulled out a clipboard with paperwork and a pen and directed me to a chair.

After I signed the paperwork and got a member ID, I went to an upstairs work out room and started to do 100 reps of everything there. The bench press was the last thing I tried, because it is just a motherfucking nightmare . There's just something about it.

I cleared only a few before giving up and getting some of the fancy lemon water. Reaching into my pocket I took out two things; my iPod and a map of the club. Sticking the buds in my ears, I looked at the map and found what I needed, the salon. And it was just across the hall!

I pushed open the semi- glass door and stepped into air conditioning paradise. There was so much AC that it kinda smelled fake and unpleasant. I plopped down in a waiting chair. Then I looked down and saw a little remote. No. No way! This chair was a freaking massage chair! I turned it on and started to drift into heaven.

A while after I turned on that magical, wonderful chair the door opened. I opened my tightly shut eyes and saw none other than the guy of my dreams! Literally I came face-to-face with the guy from across the street.

"Hey! Hey you!" I said, pointing at him. I know I'm super good at human communication. He gestured to himself and I nodded.

"Why are you here?" I asked.

"It's a free country isn't it?" He countered. I gave him a smirk, this dude would make a good friend. But unfortunately I didn't come to this place for friends, I came because my parents bought a house for me.

"Why yes it is!" I noted with fake shock, "But seriously, are you stalking me? Was I just that good at singing?" His face was blank for a moment, then he realized who I was.

"Ohhhhhh! Nononono! I mean, well, you are good at singing, but I would never do that!"

I stuck out my hand and introduced myself, "I'm Macy Devont,"

"I'm Mars Jamerson," Mars said. I looked down and tried to think of something to say. But Mars beat me to it.

"Mind singing again? No one's around," he asked. I knew I would need my guitar! I pulled it out of my gym bag and started to tune it.

"What song?" I asked.

"Do you know The Mortician's Daughter?," he asked.

"Yea, I love that song." I say, beginning to sing.

I get interrupted by a woman and someone I assume is her husband walking in the room.

"Well that was good while it lasted," said Mars. I smiled, starting to feel all warm and fuzzy in my heart.

"We should hang out sometime," I say. Mars nods and takes a slip of paper out of his front pocket, and pulls a pen out of his back pocket. He writes something down and hands it to me as he gets up to leave. I look at what he wrote and a huge smile spreads across my face, I must look like Cheshire cat. I was certainly scaring that lady.

But I don't care because I just made a friend and got his number! I'm making progress!