CHAPTER 1

As I stepped out of my car I realized that this had been a mistake. The house that I was supposed to be living in was a tiny thing with barely a front yard and most definitely no backyard. It was white washed and had brown bamboo trimming across the top and bottom- making it look completely ridiculous and tacky. My parents must not have wanted to spend too much money on me for my birthday then. Before I unloaded the boxes I walked up the granite steps that led to the door. I grabbed the handle and turned, nothing. I jiggled and twisted but to no avail. That was when I realized that I hadn't put the key in the lock. I dug the rusty thing out of my pocket and let myself in.

Just as I suspected the interior was just as squished as it was on the outside. My parents had moved all the big stuff like my TV and bed here before hand so I didn't have to move them around, but I didn't trust the movers with my mirror which was lying in the crowded trunk of my forest green Jeep. I was grateful to see that- while everything may have been cramped- the movers put everything in a efficient place.

I looked down the hall with two rooms the bedroom and the bathroom. Both rooms I would be staying in a lot. I didn't plan to meet anyone here until I weighed 75 pounds (which I was very close to weighing). I would look into those rooms a little later. I turned back towards the door ready to start unpacking.

---

The last few boxes were finally being unpacked and my new house looked like it was about to overflow. The last box I unpacked had no label, which was strange because I loved to label things. But I took a pair of scissors and sliced the top anyways just to see what the box held. Unfortunately it wasn't more novels or sheet music- it was a scrapbook filled with pictures of me. A note was attached reading:

"We love you and hope that you enjoy your freedom as an adult!

- Mom and Dad"

I rolled my eyes and opened up the thing. Seeing the first image I quickly shut it and threw it into the trash. It was a picture of me, fat me at 12 years old. I was smiling that fake smile I had perfected over the years and it sickened me. I clutched my stomach for fear of the small but noticeable fat rolls still being there. I turned on my heel and ran into the cramped bathroom already shoving my fingers into my throat.