CHAPTER 9

"Mmmmmmmmphhh" I said covering my face with my hand, trying to block out the stale sunlight blinding me. I pulled off the soft duvet and swung my body out from the king sized bed and glanced over at Mars. Still asleep, he looked so at peace with the world. Less filled with anger, his face was squished cutely against the pillow, his hair messily draped over his eyes he looked almost childlike. Something I never could imagine him as until this moment.

Wide awake now, I shuffled quietly out of his bedroom and into the hall. I ran my hand along the r wall and took in the silence. When I walked into his living room my mouth dropped. It was a spacious thing with an open floor plan, connecting straight into the kitchen.

There was a book nook in the far right corner with built-in bookcases completely filled with large novels and music sheets. Across the room was a plasma screen TV with a built in entertainment system and an extensive set of what looked like over 700 movies.

The rest of the godly living room contained an assortment of musical instruments including, a drum set, piano, guitar (electric and classic), sax, and even a triangle.

Usually the musical aspect of the room would appeal to me most. But throw in a book nook and a movie collection that any film historian would be proud to have I would most certainly have trouble choosing what to do.

I decided that the book nook would be my safest, less noisy option. I sat down on the little couch that took up the space of the cave-like area it was designated to. Running my finger along the line of books I tried to look for a good one. A book I loved. I ended up taking out 'The Last Olympian' which came in close to my well known favorite 'Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire'.

I had gotten a decent way through the book and the sun was rising higher, making the dust dancing around in the sunlight incredibly distracting. Mars trundled down the hall with his hair sticking up in all directions and just a pair of grey sweats on hanging loosely off his hips.

His body wasn't ripped, but I could tell it was well taken care of. And his eyes had a mischievous sparkle about them.

"Are you a fan?" He asked, pointing at the book clutched in my hands.

Nodding vigorously I replied, "I've basically read all Riordian's books. I'm fucking obsessed!"

Mars just smiled and extended his hand gesturing to the living room.

"Do you like?"

"Are you kidding me? It's amazing!" I exclaim.

"Thanks, it does the job. Hey- you want some breakfast?"

"No that's ok, I need to get going."

Mars studied me for a moment then, completely focused on the activity at hand he brought me a whole collection of drawings and told me not to look until I got home. I thanked him and got ready to walk out the door when he called me back for a moment.

"Macy, would you allow me to take you on a date tonight?"

"Yes of course! Text me, kay?"