12: Ow! What was that for?

Carson's POV

"What is it?" Crystal's mother, Natalie, asked the doctor. She seemed worried and terrified.

"The patience spine has been snapped a little bit because the bullet hit her lower back forcefully that is contacted with her spine. But don't worry she'll be fine. She had lost a bit of blood but she survived." The doctor, Maurice her name was, told us. I sighed in relief. She;s alright. I didn't want to blame myself again.

"But it won't cause so much pain on her lower back spine, right?" Eric asked her. For a brother, he is good at it. I'm really happy Crystal has a brother like him. To protect her.

"Yeah, if she moves a lot, then it will cause a lot of pain on her lower back spine. So, my suggestion is that you hire her a physical therapist so it won't cause her a lot of trouble for her, but you don't really have to because it isn't that bad like my other patience's before. Which was a lot worst. And, don't let her bend that much, it will cause a lot of pain." Dr. Maurice said.

"Can we visit her now?" Natalie asked. She wanted to visit Crystal since she got here. I felt bad for her and Eric. But I also felt bad for myself and my friends. They've been also dragged into this mess, my mess, and they've all never slept and ate quite much. Including me. I asked my mom if she, and my brother want to go but they insisted not to.

"Yes, but maybe you might find her asleep. Maybe not." Dr. Maurice told us. "But only 2 people at a time." She reminded us and walked away from us.

We planned that Natalie and Eric went in first, then Wesley And Keeley, Austin and I, then Shane and Justin.

Crystal's POV

Beep. Beep. Beep.

What the heck is that? I'm sure it isn't my alarm clock, it doesn't sound like it. And my lower back hurts like hell.

Beep. Beep. Beep.

There it goes again. I opened my eyes and closed it again because there was too much brightness in this room. I opened it again, slowly, and saw everything white. White door, white ceiling, white wall, white floor, white bed, white tables, white chair. Ugh, too many white. I hate it.

I felt the pain on my lower back again as I try to sit up. Suddenly, I remember what happened. Going to Carson's house, seeing the guy that pointed the gun at me at the basket ball court, his plan, fighting the men, falling down at m- I suddenly realized I was shot. I had never thought I was going to get shot again, never. I felt that familiar pain again as I tried to sit back up, and finally succeeded.

The sound of the door opening startled me. I looked up at the door and saw my mom and my brother. I smiled up at them. The smile on my face made them run up to me and hug me.

"I love you so much." My brother said. "I thought I would have lost you. I don't even know what to do without you. Without you I would never have someone to tease, someone to play video games with, someone to clean my room, someone to do my homework, and someone to to scratch me at my back, in bed to make me fall asleep." Yap, I've been expecting him to say that.

"We love you so much, Kiddo. I would have kill your brother for not protecting you, if you would have past away." My mom told me. I smiled at that, but Eric just glared at her.

"You shouldn't hang out with that Carson again, you get me?" He said. I just rolled my eyes and told him it wasn't his fault.

--------

We talked for a bit, about anything that came up on our minds. My mom told me that she met Carson and his mother and brother that has a speaking problem. I felt bad for him. She also told me that Carson was a nice boy. Eric just scoffed at that and changed the subject, asking what had happened. I told them, about Drake and the 3 men. And that I managed to 2 of them out. Eris fist bumped me, telling me I was awesome as he is and mom just punched him.

We talked for 1 hour and I told them to go home because it was obvious that they were sleepy and hungry. They hesitated for a bit but when they saw the look on my face, they glared at me and went home. Ha!

It was Wesley and Keeley next who came in my room. What Keeley did surprise both Wesley and I. She slapped me, lightly but it stings a bit.What the..?

"Ow! What was that for?" I asked her, rubbing the cheek she slapped. Keeley was now glaring at me. She's scary sometimes.

Wesley hugged me and smiled down at me as he pulled back and kissed my forehead. "I missed you." He whispered.

"That's for scaring the crap out of me, and almost let my eyeballs fall out for so much crying. What would I do if you were gone? Who will I have pizza competition with? Who will I go tanning with? Who will I go to the mall with? Who will I give skittles to every sleepovers? Where will I go when my mother is mad at me and throw me out of my house if you're gone!?" Keeley ranted, and gasped for air. She paced around the room as she told me so.

Wesley cleared his throat. "Me? I'm your best friend too, you know?"

"Whatever." She muttered, and sit down at the chair to my right. "I know, Wesley. But she's a girl, and she understands me more. All you talk about is football, cars, video games and other stuffs. The things that you talk about is more like Crystal's type, not mine, that's why she always hangs out with you. But you know that I love you right Wesley? No matter what you talk about, you will always be my best friend." Keeley said and Wesley rolled his eyes at that, slightly offended. I laughed at them. They're my best friends, they're crazy as heck, but I love them.

"Right." He mumbled. His stomach growled, and he looked at us, slightly embarrassed. "I'm hungry."

"You should probably eat. Even you Keeley, I know what you become when you're hungry. And I don't want to face that right now. Good luck, Wes." I warned him.. Wesley just laughed at me and kissed my left cheek while Keeley scoffed at that but kissed my right cheek. "Good bye, sister." They both said.

When they left, I looked at the window and saw a man watching me, while leaning against a tree. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion and looked closely. I was getting creep out. He straightened up and walked towards my window, since my window is on the ground floor he can easily climbed through it if he can open it. I tried to stand up but my lower back was aching. He took something on his waistband and threw it at the window.

The window shattered and I raised my hand at my face to prevent the broken glasses from hitting my face. I was shocked, so shocked.

I stood up, and there was this familiar pain on my lower back again. I try to run towards the door but was stop by the man pulling out my hair and dragging me out the window. The pain was increasing and I let out a scream.

The door opened and Carson and Austin suddenly and went inside the room, looking alert and worried. They saw the man and ran towards him. The man suddenly lift his arms out, holding a gun and pointing it to them but I grabbed his hands and twisted it, making the gun fall out. I tried to grab the gun, by bending down but the pain got worst. I screamed, feeling my back getting hurt more and more when I tried to straighten my back up.

Austin grabbed my arm and helped me out of the room, making sure my back won't get hurt as much as Carson fight the man. When we went out of the room, there was 3 large man came in front of us, 2 took Austin's arms and 1 grabbed me and dragged me toward the exit. Austin tried to scream but the man covered his mouth and dragged him in a room. Oh gosh... I was just relaxing with my mom and brother. Why this?

I realized that there were no nurses on the ground and no one else was there to save us. A black van came in front of us, the 2 men dragged me in it and covered up my hands, feet and mouth with tape. I squirmed and try to fight back, but I felt weak.

They closed the door and went in beside me. The van started moving and I can't help but let out a few tears, not only because I was getting kidnap but also because of the pain I was getting on my lower back.

I looked at the rear-view mirror and saw Carson running towards the car, trying to catch up, the driver saw me look up at the mirror and noticed Carson. He step down on the gas pedal harder to make the van faster. When I look back up at the mirror, Carson was suddenly on his knees, holding his face, shoulders shaking, probably crying. I watch his body disappear at the rear-view mirror little by little as the van move further and further from him.And more tears formed in my eyes.

-*-*-*-*-*-*

=(