Inked

Chapter Nineteen: Inked

I had asked them to let me know if there were any updates on Denny, I just wasn’t expecting one so soon. I was scared of what he was going to say to us when he walked in. Happy and I quickly climbed out of bed and got dressed, once we were both dressed Happy opened the door for Chibs. “Is Denny ok?” I asked once he was fully in the room.

“Aye luv, Denny is still alive and in da coma.” Chibs said and I release the breath I was holding.

“Brother you said you had to talk to us about Denny, what is going on?” Happy asked sounding confused.

“Denny’s family showed up at St. Thomas, Allie luv they are tryin’ ta get him transfer ta another hospital.” Chibs said running his hand down his face. “They don’t want any of us knowin’ were they plan on takin’ him.”

“Can they do that?” I asked trying to keep myself calm. “Denny and his family haven’t spoken to each other in years; he wanted nothing to do with them.”

“Gemma is up there fightin’ wit ‘em right now tryin’ ta stop it, Bobby said he got something in writing from Denny sayin’ they got no say over him so he’s tryin’ ta find it now.” Chibs said as he moved closer to me. “You and Hap need ta get up there and Keep Jax calm because Jacky boy is losing his mind.”

“A’ight, Alanna let’s go.” Happy said as he sat on the bed to pull his boots on.

I ran to the bathroom to quickly get ready, once we were both ready we walked into the bar to leave and I saw Bobby and Opie by the redwood searching through files they had all over it. Everyone was on edge and I could tell, Maci and Juice were both on their phones arguing with whoever they were talking to and Phil was searching through some boxes that were sitting on the pool table with Rat. Chibs walked over to Juice and was talking to him in a low voice when he hung up his phone then they both glanced over at me. Juice tapped Maci on her shoulder and nodded his head towards the door and they followed us out.

“Hap, Maci and I are going to ride out with you guys.” Juice said as they walked over to his bike.

The four of us made our way to St. Thomas, just as we got off the elevator we saw Gemma standing in the hall arguing with who I was guessing was Denny’s mother about ten feet from his door. I tugged on Happy’s arm to get to look at me. “Happy go to Jax’s room and I will be there in few minutes.”

“Where the hell are you going?” Happy growled at me.

“I’m going to try to sneak into Denny’s room.” I said and Happy shook his head no. “Hap please just give me a few minutes if I can’t get in I will go to Jax’s room with you.”

“A’ight but I ain’t going to Jax’s room without you, I’ll go by Gemma and give her some back up.” Happy said turning to look at Juice and Maci. “Let’s go see what’s going on with Gemma.”

“A’ight Hap.” Juice said nodding at Happy.

When we got near Gemma they continued to argue but Denny’s family turn their eyes on Happy and Juice. “I don’t want any of you men near my son again!” Denny’s mother snapped at them and Happy glared at her. “My son is laying in a coma because of all of you.”

I just shook my head as I slipped past them and quickly snuck into the room, the beeping from Denny’s machines were still the same and I looked over at them then at him as I slowly walked over to him. “Denny you need to open your damn eyes already, please Denny just open them.” I begged him as I grabbed his hand and gave it a small squeeze. “Your family is here and is trying to take you away from us, please open your eyes so they can’t do that. I know you can do it, you’re breathing on your own all you need to do is wake up.” I growled at him. “Denny it is my job to be stubborn not yours.” I said to him as tear slid down my cheek.