Being Sucked Back In

Chapter Fourteen: Being Sucked Back In

It was so hard telling them what happen. Jax had thought I didn’t hear Happy and Chibs walk up behind me but I did, I just chose to not acknowledge it. I knew if I had looked back at them before I started I wouldn’t be able to do it. When Jax pulled me to him and told me to stop I just let it all out and cried, even after everything he has done and said to me I still felt safe in his arms. I held on to him tightly not wanting to let go. I didn’t want the feeling of being safe to go away, I was scared once his arms left me I would be alone again. I finally fell asleep and it felt good to relax my body, while I was sleeping I thought I felt someone touch me but it only lasted for a second so I fell back into a deep sleep. I faintly heard a knock at the door, I rolled over to face it and there was another knock followed by it slowly opening.

“Al, are you awake?” I heard Lyla’s soft voice say.

“Yeah, come on in.” I said as I sat up and noticed it was still light outside, it was still early and I still felt exhausted I could have used a couple more hours of sleep.

“Jax said he doesn’t think you have eaten in like twenty-four hours.” Lyla said as she walked over to the bed and sat down. “Did you want to go grab a bite to eat?”

“I ate last night.” I said as I stood up. “But I do feel kind of hungry.”

“Al you slept through the day and night yesterday and most of today.” She said looking confused.

“What, are you serious?” I said looking at her stunned. “It can’t be we just got here a few hours ago.”

“You guys got here yesterday afternoon. Jax didn’t let anyone wake you until I asked him when was the last time you ate.”

I stood there running my fingers through my hair looking around the room. “I need to shower.” I said in almost a whisper, I could not have slept that long and still feel so drained. “What time is it?” I asked looking back at her.

“It’s like three in the afternoon.” She said standing up. “I’m going to check if you have any clothes around here if not I think I have some you can use.” she said walking out of the room and I nodded at her.

I grabbed the shirt Tig had given me yesterday and my bag from the bed when it dawned on me that the money wasn’t there anymore, I knew it was on the bed when I fell asleep so I checked my bag and it wasn’t in there either. I stood there not knowing what to think and I felt completely lost. After some time standing there staring at the bed I finally convinced my legs to move and I walked to the bathroom, I looked in the mirror at my reflection and I looked as tired as I felt. I washed up and let the hot water run over my body until it ran cold on me. When I got out I put on the boy shorts I had intended to wear yesterday along with the Samcro tee Tig gave me. I came out of the bathroom and Lyla was sitting in the room with Tara waiting for me. The look on their face’s put me on edge a little.

“I hope this isn’t some kind of intervention.” I said looking between the two of them. “I don’t do drugs, I’m not a big drinker and I have tried to quit smoking.” I said to them defensively. “I left because it was the only thing I wanted to do and needed to do.”

“No this is nothing like that.” Tara said standing up and walking over to me and I took a step back so she stopped. “I know you don’t want to be here so I had Jax convince Gemma to let us take you home rather than her.”

“Happy had a few of your clothes in his room still so he gave them to me before he left.” Lyla said pointing at the clothes folded on the dresser. “I was bringing them in here to you when Tara got here and asked how you were doing.”