Fighting the Past

Chapter Eight: Fighting the Past

Happy and I went into the clubhouse to find Jax, Chibs told us he was in the chapel so we went in to tell him what just happened. “Jax I need to go to Arizona.” He looked up at me like I was crazy.

“What the hell are you talking about you ain’t fucking going to Arizona.” He snapped at me. “What the fuck is going on Hap?”

I told him about the house and he was just as stunned as Happy was when he found out I still had the house in Arizona but he was not thrilled with anyone going to it. “Allie you’re out of your mind if you think I’m letting you go out there, this shit is a set up and I know it is.” He said looking over at Happy and Happy just shrugged his shoulders.

I was pissed. “Jax I’m going out there with or without you, it’s my house and I need to be there.” I said getting up from the chair I was in.

“Allie I don’t think it would be smart of us to go out there right now.” Jax said shaking his head at me. “I’ll send Samtaz over there to check things out and they can call to let us know what happen.”

“Jax please I need to go there, all of my mom’s things are in that house.” I said in a softer voice hoping he would listen to me. “You don’t have to come with me I can go on my own.”

“Ya ain’t going anywhere on your own.” Happy snapped at me as he turned towards Jax. “Jax I’ll take her.”

“Allie if we go I’m going to have to contact Samtaz, we need a place to stay when we get there.” Jax said giving up on his fight with me. “And you are not to fucking go anywhere alone while we are there.”

“I’ve spent my whole life there, I’m not going to have any problems.” I said as Jax and Happy both glared at me. “Come on you can’t expect me to stay at the clubhouse the whole time, I have friends there.”

“Yeah we can expect ya too and yes you will.” Happy snapped at me.

“Are you serious?” I said glaring at them.

“Allie I don’t care how many people you know out there, if Clay had anything to do with this I’m not going to risk anything happening to you. He was able to get to your mom and she lived there all her life too, I’m not letting him get to you and hurt you again.”

“Ok, I understand.” I said when the reality of what he said hit me. “I’m going to run to Gemma’s and get some stuff together… wait how are we getting there?”

“Riding, what did you expect?” Jax said looking at me with a raised eyebrow.

“Jax, that’s like twelve hours away.” I said in shock.

“Well then we need to get going.” He said sarcastically to me as he turned to Happy. “Hap you good for this trip? It’s going to be a long ride and I know Tara said you needed a little more time to heal.”

“I’m good, I ain’t letting her go without me.” Happy said looking over at me. “Alanna we still need to talk.” I nodded at him.

“A’ight, I’m gonna get a few of the brothers to ride out with us.” Jax said as he looked between us. “When you guys are done I want Allie to drive the truck to ma’s house and we will follow her there and take off when she’s got her shit together and changed because ya can’t ride in the shit you’re wearing.” Jax said pointing at my short skirt and he walked out.

Happy watched as Jax left then turned back to face me. “Alanna, why the hell did you fucking run out like that?” Happy said as he moved closer to me. “You fucking darted out there like the fucking place was on fire.”