The Crow Chaser

Chapter 16: The Crow Chaser

The ride to TM didn’t take long at all, when we pulled on the lot Happy and Tig went into the clubhouse for church and I went to the office to see what Gemma was doing. People were everywhere still because technically the place was still on lock down and the large crowd just wasn’t my thing lately. They were still open for business so I knew she would be in the office. Once I walked into the office I could tell that Gemma was just about ready to lose her mind and I wasn’t sure if I should run or stay. I still held the door open when she looked over at me and at that moment I wish I had ran.

“Where the hell did you fucking run off to last night?” she snapped at me as she removed her glasses and sat them down on the desk. “I went to Happy’s room this morning and neither of you were in there; I needed your damn help in here.”

“Happy didn’t want to stay here last night so we went to my place.” I said as I slowly closed the door knowing there was no way out now. “What did you need help with?”

“All these damn invoices are screwed up and I’m about to snap on all of these damn guys, you would think they knew how to fill the shit out already.” she said tossing the invoices on the desk. “I can’t read any of this chicken scratch shit they put on here.”

“I’ll take care of it.” I said to her as I grabbed the pile of invoices. “I got used to reading their writing.”

“What happen with you and Hap?” she asked me bluntly as I sat across from her. “And don’t feed me any bullshit by saying nothing.”

“I honestly don’t know where we stand with each other right now.” I said as I turned my attention to the invoices that were in my hand. “I do know I need to apologize to Tiggy before the day is over.”

“What did you do to Tig?” she asked with a raised eyebrow then she looked back at the computer.

“I kind of stuck him in the middle of a fight Happy and I was having last night.” I said as I looked down at the invoices again. “Now I feel bad for doing that.”

“So I take it things didn’t go so well with Killer.” She said looking over at me and I just shrugged my shoulders. “Baby girl you’re treading deep water with that one, one wrong move and you’re going to drown.”

“I know Gemma, can we please just get through all this?” I asked holding the invoices up. “I don’t want to talk about him right now.”

“You just need to remember a lot has happen in the two short months you were gone.”

“I’m beginning to see that.” I said turning my attention to the invoices.

We spent the next few hours going through all the shit in the office and when I was finally done with my first half of work I decided to go get a drink from the clubhouse. The guys had been done with church for a while so most of them were now in the garage working on some cars Gemma needed done. Just as I stepped out of the office a car pulled on the lot so I decided to help the woman out before I went for my beer. I went back in and grabbed a clip board off the desk.

“Is there a customer out there?” Gemma asked as she looked up at me over the rim of her glasses and I nodded yes to her. “Let ‘em know it’s going to be a few hours wait.”

“Ok.” I said as I walked out of the office and over to her car as she got out of it. “Can I help you with something?” I asked her nicely, I had never seen her around that I could remember. The way she was dressed made it look like she was here to get laid not get her car fixed.

She looked me up and down before smirking at me. “Is there someone around that works here?” she said with an attitude and I sucked in a deep breath. “Never mind, I see who I’m looking for. You can go back to whoever you were doing… oops… I mean whatever you were doing.” She said to me as she sashayed her skanky ass over to the garage.