Like I'm Gonna Lose You.

In which Calum's scared to lose Luke after a bad experience with a previous ex; Luke's determined to make it known that Calum will never lose him. 

_____

Calum and Luke were walking in the moonlight, taking a late night stroll on the beach. The waves crashed on the shore numerous time as the reflection of the moon made the water shimmer.

The moon was full and bright that night. It shined in the middle of the night sky, the twinkling stars behind it. It seemed as if they were in one of those cliche romantic movies.

"I love the moon tonight. The sky's so clear, so you can see the moon and stars and...everything. I love it," Calum whispered, looking up at the sky then at Luke.

Luke smiled then looked at Calum before looking up at the sky.

"It is beautiful, but the most beautiful scene, ever, is right next to me, holding my hand."

Calum looked away and blushed.

Luke suddenly stopped them from walking as Calum looked in confusion. He turned Calum's body so they were facing each other. Luke then wrapped his arms around Calum's waist, pulling him closer, their bodies connecting as Calum wrapped his arms around Luke's neck.

"Words can't describe how lucky I am to have, how lucky I am for you to be mine. You know...before you, I never knew how it felt like to just look and someone...and smile. You mean so much to me Calum. I never want to lose you...ever," Luke whispered, kissing Calum's forehead as Calum smiled, closing his eyes.

"You're never going to lose me Lukey. I love you too much to leave you," Calum replied as Luke smiled in reply.

Calum then blinked. Once he opened his eyes, he was no longer in Luke's embrace. Calum looked in front of him, to see that Luke was no where to be seen. His arms were abandoned and alone, hanging at his side. It was as if Luke was never there with him in the first place.

"Lukey?" Calum called out.

Silence.

"Lukey where are you?" Calum called out again.

"Oh Calum...your Lukey isn't here. In fact, he's never coming back," a voice taunted him.

Calum looked back with eyes widened, seeing his horrid ex standing there.

Michael. Michael Clifford. The one that taunted and abused Calum until he was able to find the courage to stand up to him and leave him.

"Michael? What did you do to him?" Calum asked.

"I didn't do anything to him. He did this for himself. He left you. That's it," Michael told Calum, stepping closer to him.

"Luke would never leave me. He just-"

"Told you that he wouldn't leave you? Unfortunately for you Calum, he did. He lied, so he wouldn't hurt your feelings. You want to know why?"

"Michael please-"

"You're incapable of securely loving anyone. I broke you down in ways that Luke couldn't even deal with. You can never love anyone without the fear that you'll wake alone. I hurt you, so you could never properly love anyone. And let's face it Calum, Luke doesn't want someone he can't love. He doesn't want someone that can't love him," Michael reminded him.

Calum knew it was true. Michael placed fears in his head that he didn't even know existed in a relationship.

Tears started to fall down his cheeks. He tried to step away from Michael, only to fall backwards onto his back and Michael hovered over him.