Angel With a Shotgun. [1/2]

In which Calum is chosen as a tribute in the 67th Hunger Games and takes special notice in another tribute with striking blue eyes.

______

Calum nervously sat on a couch in the speeding train that would lead him and the other tribute to the capital. He fiddled with the collar and the long sleeves of his dress shirt as he wondered what was waiting for him at the sparkling capital, his arms and legs shaking.

Calum Hood and Alivia Talen, were chosen as the two tributes for District 5 in the 67th Hunger Games. Right after, they were quickly rushed off the stage and into a room, where Calum's family had time to say their, possible, last good byes. Their final moments together didn't last long, as the peacekeepers broke into the room and dragged his family away.

Calum was scared that he'd never see them again. Calum was scared that he wasn't going to make it. Calum was scared that he would die.

Because Calum and his family knew that he couldn't use any kind of weapon. He couldn't throw a knife or swing a sword or shoot a an arrow out of a bow. He wasn't even remotely close to being athletic so he couldn't run much either.

He was incredibly musically inclined and incredibly artistic if anything. If there were a competition to paint the best portrait or perform a song in front of an audience, he would win by a mile, and anyone who knew him would agree.

He didn't have much friends, but everyone knew him as the artsy musical guy that spend more time on his songs and art projects than his work and education on learning about their district's works on power and energy.

Anyone could agree that he was an artist and musician like no other.

But this wasn't a competition for the best piece of art in an art gallery. It wasn't a battle of the bands. This, was a fight to the death. The survival of the fittest.

Before Calum knew it, their train pulled up to the station and stopped. Alivia's brown eyes looked at him, her face done with newly applied makeup. Her auburn hair was done into a beautiful braid. Her lips, red because of lipstick, were pressed into a thin line as she crossed her arms over her chest, her red, strapless dress still wrinkle free.

Calum could see that she had prepped herself on the way there, to try to impress the capital with her good looks and physique to try to win herself sponsors.

Calum wasn't a huge fan of her honestly (she slept with Calum's boyfriend, who dumped the kiwi boy right after they were caught in the act) but he had to admit that styling herself up was a good idea.

They weren't on good terms, so their odds of them being allies wasn't likely.

"It's time to go, Hood," she roughly said.

"Don't need to be rude about it, Talen," Calum told her, rolling his eyes and pushing past her.

He walked off the stage and was immediately welcomed by the people of the capital. They squealed over his chubby cheeks and his small physique to sneak around. Calum walked past them as well. He hated being the center of attention.

Soon enough the capital representative for District 5 lead Calum and Alivia to the preparation room, where they were plucked at by tweezers to remove body hair, showered, dried, had their hair styled, and sprayed with different perfumes for them to smell good.

It seemed like forever but they were both done. Calum was ready to leave and quickly followed his stylist out, looking down at the ground.

It wasn't long until Calum bumped into another body. He looked up, ready to apologize, but ended up staring and stuttering.