Accidentally in Love.

In which Luke 'accidentally' falls in love with his innocent best friend, Calum while Calum is oblivious to the entire thing.

possessive!luke and innocent!cal (because that's the kind of shiz I live for)

_____

"I think maybe you're in love with Calum."

"Maybe I am!"

And that's when it all started for Luke Hemmings. He let those three words slip out of him in that stupid truth or dare game. He let those words out, along with some hidden feelings he didn't even know he had. It was that night when he really started to realize his feelings for his best friend.

He couldn't have fallen for his best friend. He couldn't have. His best friend, Calum Hood, was too innocent. He was a virgin, pure, innocent, uncorrupted by the evils of the world. He hadn't even had his first boyfriend or his first kiss. 

Luke wasn't even sure how they became friends, much less best friends because he, on the other hand...wasn't exactly innocent. He had given his virginity to some slut at a party his friend Michael dragged him to, so he knew how one night stands worked, because he has had a couple. Call Luke anything, but he was imagining pushing his best friend up against a wall and...well he didn't want to get too ahead of himself.

He just wanted the pleasure of calling Calum his. He wanted to be the only one to touch or even look the kiwi boy. He wanted to be the only one to kiss those plump lips. He wanted to be the only one to call him babyhoney, darling (not that Luke had a list of pet names to call Calum). [A/N Pshhhhh I put myself here. OF COURSE Luke has one.]

"Lukey!"

He smiled, Calum's sweet voice pulling him back to reality.

Luke looked up and ahead at the beaming boy that was walking towards him. Luke smiled and pulled the smaller boy into a tight hug.

"Hey Calpal. How was your math competition?" Luke sweetly asked him, pulling away.

"Great! We won by a mile. Ridgefield didn't stand a chance," Calum replied, smirking.

"Perfect. Just for the occasion, I bought a cookie for you," Luke told Calum, pulling a small bag out of his locker.

Calum's eyes lit up. He then paused to think and looked up at Luke skeptically.

"What if I didn't win yesterday?" He asked.

"I'd still give it to you. I know how much you like cookies, and I really do like seeing you happy, so I figured I would still give it to you. Even if you didn't win, I'd give it to you as a...'you'll do even better next time' cookie," Luke replied.

Calum's face lit up again.

"Really? Thanks Lukey!" Calum exclaimed, taking the bag and instantly eating the cookie.

Luke softly smiled and nodded. He loved how Calum called him 'Lukey' regardless'. He hated the nickname at first but had eventually grown used to Calum saying it. It reminded him of Calum's innocence. Plus, it was just sweet coming from his mouth.

Calum finished it quick, because now he was just holding an empty bag full of cookie crumbs. He then stuffed the bag and reminded himself to throw it away later.

"Hey cutie," Quin, one of the Lacrosse players, said to Calum, as he grabbed Calum's hips, making Calum yelp, and kissing his cheek.

Luke glared at Quin and tried to control himself. Calum hated it when people would suddenly grab him without warning. It made him feel uncomfortable (except for it when it was Luke). And Calum definitely didn't like kisses from anyone other than Luke.