If You Don't Know.

In which Luke's unsure of his feelings for Calum, leaving Calum upset and frustrated.

[This is a bit slower than the regular speed...but whatever. Hopefully it doesn't bother you that much. ...If this doesn't give you feels...then idk what will.]

______

"Luke...please...if you feel anything...if you ever felt anything...tell me. Please tell me!" Calum pleaded. 

"I...I don't know Cal. I'm straight. I like girls! You can't just spring it onto me that you like me! It confuses me!" 

"At least I had the courage to even say anything! Do you even know how this was making me feel, seeing you everyday, taking all of my strength to not say anything to you? Do you know how much I've been dying to tell you this, only for you to say....'uh..really'?"  

"What did you want me to say? 'Oh, I love you too Calum! Let's jump on my unicorn, Rainbow, and ride off into the sunset'?"

"I at least expected you to say something respectful in reply. Like...I don't know! Something!" 

"You know Calum, I think you telling me that you like me...confused the hell out of me. I don't even know what I am anymore."

"You're blaming your sexuality problems on me?" 

"Yes. I don't like you that way. I'm confused now. I'm straight. I like girls. I don't know how I feel anymore because of you."

"And this is, somehow, all my fault?" 

"I never said that!"

"It's starting to sound that way." 

"Because, before now, there was no way in hell that I would ever like you that way. But now, I don't even know anymore. Cal, you're only suppose to be my best friend, that's all."

"I wanted something more Luke. That's why I told you. That's why I took a leap of faith to tell you. Do you even care that this has been eating me alive?"  

"I don't care Cal," Luke groaned, "maybe that's the problem. You telling me confused the shit out of both of us. It's awkward now. I can feel it. And now, I can't even look at you the same way without thinking of those words. It would have been better if you kept your Kiwi mouth shut. You ruined everything between us. You ruin everything."  

Calum gasped as Luke's eyes widened, quickly covering his mouth with his hand. Calum's eyes then hardened as he looked away. 

"Well...if you really feel that way...maybe nothing will happen between us. Maybe...maybe we aren't even best friends anymore."

Calum huffed and walked towards their hotel door. 

"Calum wait. Please. I didn't mean any of that, I swear," Luke pleaded, grabbing Calum's wrist. 

Calum harshly pulled his arm away, not even turning around to face Luke. 

"Don't touch me. Don't look at me, walk my way, or even think about me. Just...stay the hell away from me. I don't want anything to do with you." 

"Where are you going?" Luke asked. 

"I'm sleeping in Mike and Ash's room tonight. Don't even think about knocking on their door, begging for forgiveness...because this goes far beyond my forgiveness." 

Calum slipped on his shoes and opened the door, slamming it behind him, leaving Luke dumbfounded. Luke then pulled at his blond quiff, frustrated.