Bring Me the Night.

In which Luke is in a band '500 Years of Winter' and traveling the world while his boyfriend, Calum, waits for him to come home.

_____

Calum marked another day off of his calendar, standing shirtless in a pair of sweats. It's been sixty-three days since his boyfriend, Luke, left for another tour as if he didn't just come back home from one. 

Awhile back, Luke had an entire month off to spend time with his loving boyfriend, cherishing every second. For that time, it felt as if Luke would never leave, like he wasn't in his world famous band '500 Years of Winter'. The entire break felt timeless. 

But alas, a month only lasts for so long. Before the two of them knew it, Calum was hugging his boyfriend at the airport terminal, not wanting to let go as Luke was scheduled for another tour and studio time. Luke's band mates, Michael and Ashton, would watch in heartbreak every time as Luke was forced to tear away from his boyfriend and walk into the boarding walkway with his band mates.

Even though the couple texted and called every spare moment they had along with skyping almost every night, it wasn't the same to Calum. He missed having his Lukey cuddling as he fell asleep in his boyfriend's arms. But Calum knew that Luke was playing shows every night, with his trusty guitar and rocking bandmates, which is what Luke always wanted.

And because of that, Calum supported his dream and hung onto that thought when he missed Luke the most. But it would only work for so long. 

"Sixty three days. Only...ninety-three left," Calum sighed, putting the red marker down and walking over to the doors that lead to his balcony. He opened the doors and walked out, feeling the cool autumn air run through his hair. (A/N Calum and Luke live in America I just don't know where.)

Calum looked up at the night sky with his sad eyes, where the stars shined brightly.

Calum enjoyed the daylight sun, but it was the midnight moon that brought happiness to his, sometimes, sad spirit. He knew that when the moon was visible in the night sky, he was one day closer to seeing Luke.

Calum then smiled, remembering his first date with his blond boyfriend as the stars reminded him of the special day.

They sat in the back of Luke's dad's old pickup truck with a few blankets and pillow, with Calum's laptop blasting All Time Low as they watched the stars. They cuddled that night as they watched the stars twinkle through the night. It was in the middle of the night where they parked the beaten truck on the boardwalk near their shared home, where no one could distract them.

The date was perfect.

Calum missed moments like that. He missed the moments where he could see Luke and have Luke whenever he wanted without having to share him with anyone. But now, he could only have Luke when his schedule permitted along with having to share him with millions of girls and possibly a handful of other guys.

Not that Calum was the jealous type. He knew that at the end of the day, Luke was his, and only his.

Calum reached his hand out, as if he could be able to feel Luke's hand grab his. He wanted to believe that Luke is out there, standing outside and calling for him under the shining moon. He wanted to believe that Luke is taking a break from the band to sit outside and watch the moon and having trailing thoughts that Calum was doing the same.

But reality set in, making Calum realize that Luke was thousands of miles away performing his heart out. He wasn't watching the moon like Calum was. He was watching and hearing the thousands of girls screaming his and his bandmates' names.

Calum knew there was going to be an after party for the band after the concert so Calum didn't even bother to stay up and wait for Luke to message him.