At What Cost?

"G!" I shout as Drake and I make our way into Hallow Pointe. It's a small wooded area off the cove that hardly ever has any people in it, although it's extremely awesome for camping. It seems to be a little hidden gem that not many people have discovered. My family and I come and camp here at least twice a year.

"Do you have any idea what this G guy even looks like?" Drake leans closer to me and whispers as we continue to maneuver through the trees.

"Of course," I turn my head to look at him. The faltering of my voice is probably a clear indication of the big fat lie I just told.

"How'd you pay him then?"

"Drop sites," I answer quickly. "Look, no need to make me feel any worse than I already do Drake, I know that what I did was stupid but I was desperate. I didn't know what else to do. I--"

"I get it Colbs." He nods as his face softens.

"I can't believe you actually showed up."

Drake and I turn behind us to see a tall thin fair skinned man with dreads holding a gun with two more on both sides of his waist.

Does he really think a gun can stop us?

"G." I say more than question cause there's no doubt in my mind this man in front of me is the guy I've been communicating with via email for the past seven months.

"Colby," he says with a sinister smile. A chill runs through me and I get a feeling like something bad is about to happen.

"Where's Shay?" Drake asks for me cause right now I'm too busy studying to trees around us. Why would he want to meet in this wooded area where we'd be surrounded by nothing but trees and grass?

G laughs and shrugs. "How should I know?"

"Because you have her!" I snap, pulling myself back to the conversation.

He shrugs again and lowers his weapon.

Not a smart move.

I take a few quick steps towards him but he has the gun back up and pointed at me in a flash.

He clicks his teeth a couple of times while shaking his head, "I wouldn't if I were you," he says with a smirk.

"A bullet can't hurt me," I tell him with a puffed out chest. For once in my entire life on this earth I'm glad I'm a vampire because it's what's going to save Shay.

I take another step forward.

"I'm warning you," he seethes.

"I'm not scared of a little pain," I state matter-of-factly.

"Funny thing about technology these days, you can pretty much do anything you want with pretty much well... anything," he smiles and examines his gun. "For instance you can harness the power of the sun into something as small as let's say... a bullet. And with all that power harnessed into said bullet you can shoot a vampire and it have the same effect as them standing in the direct sunlight for twenty four hours straight."

"Colby come stand next to me," Drake says quickly.

I turn back to look at him. He's not buying this is he?

"Drake there's no-"

"Colby now," he insists and the urgency in his voice causes me to move back to him.

"Drake you're not buying this, are you?" I turn and look up at my brother.

"Doesn't matter, we're out numbered." He nods towards a group of trees that make it hard to see anything, especially in the dark. As I'm about to open my mouth to say that I don't see anything I hear the unmistakable sound of sticks crackling under heavy footsteps. At least fifteen men hide in the shadows of the trees.