Curiousity

I shake my head as I make my way through the woods in the direction the brown haired girl disappeared in yesterday. My family all went hiking, but I managed to weasel my way out of it.

I had to find...no I needed to find this girl to at least get her name.

The curiosity was eating away at me last night; who is she, where does she come from, what is she; the questions burning in the back of my mind, taking control of my thoughts.

"Why are you searching for me?" The voice snaps me out of my thoughts. I turn around in the direction I know it came from but no one is there. What the hell? "You don't want to know me." She says and I whip my head around to look at her. How the hell did she get behind me so quickly? I'm a vampire; I should be faster than her.

"How are you so fast?" I ask her narrowing my eyes at her.

"Why are you looking for me?" She asks again. Okay, she really needs to stop being rude and start answering some of my questions.

"How do you know I'm looking for you?" I pop a brow and ask matter-of-factly—placing a hand on my hip.

"You want to know what I am, who I am, maybe just my name." She says plainly. Okay, no freaking way!

"Can you..." I trail off, swallowing the lemon in my throat. Now I'm even more intrigued. Can she read my mind?

"No." She shakes her head, walking away from me. What the hell is up with this girl?

"Where are you going?" I move quickly to catch up with her.

She stops walking and turns to look at me. "What exactly are you hoping to gain by knowing who I am... what I am?"

"I don't know." I shrug. "I'm just curious, I guess." That's one of the things that never changes, human, vampire, whatever... curiosity always wins.

"What's your name again?" She asks and she starts to walk again.

"Colby." I reply as I move to keep up with her.

"Colby what?"

"Nozuka." I say and she stops walking, turning to look at me momentarily then picks up her pace again.

"Where are we going?"

"Yes, I'm a shifter." She finally answers my question from yesterday. "No I can't read your mind; I just know what you were thinking, and my names Shay."

I smile, "I didn't picture you being a Shay." I don't know what it is about this girl but in my centuries of being on this earth, I've never once felt so... I hate to be repetitive, but intrigued is all I've got. I've seen many things, gone many places, pretty much lived everywhere and done everything.