More Questions, Less Answers

We're going to the blood bank, you coming?" Drake pokes his head into my room.

I roll my eyes and shake my head, not even bothering to look at him. I'm lying on my back on my bed tossing my ball in the air.

It's been 24 hours since I last saw Shay and I am having trouble thinking about anything but her.

"Colby don't be like that. I covered for you with mom yesterday after you snuck out... doesn't that count for something?"

I sit up on my elbows to glower at him. "No." I state simply and fall back onto the bed. I can hear as he comes into my room-shutting the door behind him, he takes a seat at the bottom of my bed next to my converse covered feet.

"I'm only protecting you, Colb." He places his long fingered hand on my blue skinny jean covered leg.

"Protecting me from what?" I sigh out, sitting up against my headboard. "You keep telling me you're protecting me from stuff but you won't tell me what said stuff is. Why is that Drake?"

He stands and sighs, "You're not ready to know yet." He shakes his head. "Are you coming to the blood bank or not?" He snaps, clearly irritated with me.

"No." I huff and turn over on my side. I see Drake, in my peripheral, shake his head and leave my room-shutting the door behind him.

I grunt and sit up; throwing my legs over the edge of the bed so they dangle. I can hear-down below-my family piling in the car and pulling out of the driveway. I don't really feel like hanging with anyone today... not unless that someone is Shay. I toss my head back to look up at the ceiling.

What if I just showed up at her Cabin? Maybe she'd give me answers then.

I pop up from the bed. Maybe that's what I have to do. I have to just go there and demand answers from this girl. My brother won't tell me anything and I'm sure as hell not going to ask my parents, so it has to be Shay.

I grab my bag from the floor and head downstairs. I grab Drakes keys off the key holder in the foyer and head out the door. If he finds out I drove his car he's probably going to be pissed but whatever, I have something I need to do and I surely can't be expected to walk to the mountains.

--

I'm standing outside of Shay's Cabin right now. Well, not exactly right outside, I'm more like a reasonable distance away, a reasonable distance high where she can't see me.

Okay fine, I'm in a tree. I'm in a tree and I'm basically stalking her.

This is creepy right? I should just hop down and go knock on her door shouldn't I?

In my defense, I was checking to see if she was home first.

I roll my eyes at myself and hop down out of the tree. I take a deep breath and head towards her cabin. I can't tell if she's here or not. I haven't seen her in the twenty minutes I've been stalk...I mean watching her place.

"I was wondering when you were going to come down from that tree."A familiar voice says from behind me. I roll my eyes and turn to look at her. She's grinning.

"You're creepy." I deadpan.

Her eyes widen in amusement. "You're hiding in trees outside my place and I'm the creepy one." She scoffs. "I think you've got that backwards Nozuka." She adds then starts to walk towards her place.

"I didn't mean it like that." I mentally berate myself for the comment." I just meant that you seem to always know where I am and it's..."

"Creepy?" She stops walking and turns to look at me with a popped brow and a smirk.