Only For You

"What do you mean I'll have to talk to my mom? What does my mom have to do with any of this?" I question. Clearly I'm confused. I have no idea what she could mean by this.

"I don't know any more than that, Colby. I swear that's all my parents would tell me."

"You talked to your parents about us?!" I shriek with wide eyes. We're not supposed to reveal the fact that we're Vampires to anyone and Shay has gone and told her whole damn village... or you know... whatever.

"I didn't," She shakes her head. "Okay, I did but not about...I didn't," She trails off and then sighs.

She looks scared right now and I'm not sure if it's because she thinks I'm going to get mad at the fact that she's been talking to everyone and their mom about me or us or... wait, is there an 'us'?

What exactly did she say to her parents? Does she want there to be an 'us'?

I'm getting off track. I don't know if she's scared of that or if she's scared of something else, but I'd really like to find out.

"Shay," I whisper.

"My brothers mentioned that I was hanging out with a vampire and my parent's freaked out. They started talking to me about how dangerous you were and how you could kill me and just... they want me to stop hanging around you." She says and her eyes drop to the floor.

"Is that what you want?" I question.

"No." She shakes her head quickly. "Colby, I like being around you more than I should. I don't want to stop being friends or whatever this is."

Well that's good, at least she's as confused as me about what this thing is between us.

"What does my mom have to do with all this?" I ask because I'm still very confused.

Shay drops her head and shrugs. "I don't know. All they would say was that you're dangerous and that your family, specifically your mom was even more dangerous."

The look in her eyes reminds me of something. I scan my brain to make the connection and finally after a moment it hits me. That's the same look she had on her face the night my mom walked into my room on us.

"Shay, you know more than you're telling me. I can see it on your face. That night when you came to see me and my mom came into my room, you left so quickly after that it made me question some things: like what spooked you away so quickly and why? Do you know my mom Shay?" I ask and move closer to her.

She shakes her head...A little too quickly if you ask me.

"Shay," I murmur. I have this feeling deep down in the pit of my stomach that she's flat out lying to me right now.

"You should ask your mom, Colby." She barely says above a whisper. I'm a vampire with freaking vamp hearing and I barely caught it.

"Why can't you just tell me? It's obvious that you know something?" I feel myself getting angry at her. I know that she knows more than she's telling me and it's bothering me so much that she won't just spit it out already.

"Colby this is so much more complicated than I thought, I don't..."

"Wait, so you knew something about my mom that first night and didn't tell me?"

"No," shakes her head. "I mean, yeah sort of," she pauses. I widen my eyes and she continues quickly, "but I didn't know the full extent of it all."

"Do you now?" I question.

"No," she shakes her head. "Only parts of it still."

"Shay," I sigh. I wanna be mad at her but for some unknown reason I can't. "Will you tell me everything that you know, please?" I beg.