Puzzle Piece Two

I close my eyes as I spin around in my swivel computer chair. I need to come up with a lie to get past my overbearing mother...

Or you could just tell her the truth. My subconscious suggests.

I snort, digging my feet into the carpet to halt my spinning. "Not likely." I mutter out loud.

What does Shay want to tell me about herself and why couldn't she just fly here and be a creepy owl like she did the last time?

I stare at the computer screen 'One hour Colby,' the message instructs. I glance down at the time. It has already been fifteen minutes. If I don't make a decision now I'm going to be late and she may leave.

I hop up from my chair and walk purposefully over to my door; closing and locking it, then I head over to my window and open in.

'You're so gonna hear this from your mom if she finds out.' My subconscious sneers.

Thank you for the unnecessary bit of information, I snap and roll my eyes at the overactive sub cortex part of my brain.

'If you want to stop being treated like a kid then maybe you should stop acting like one.' My subconscious is really starting to irk me. I grunt in an attempt to shut off my stupid brain as I climb out the window. I probably should tell my mom where I'm going, but I don't want to risk the chance of her saying no.

I climb down the side of the house and land on the ground with a soft thud. I've got forty-two minutes to get there

It takes me exactly thirty one minutes to walk to The Forks from my house. It's a bright sunny day, a couple of clouds scattered here and there in the sky. I glance down at my phone. Shay should be here in less than ten minutes now. I wonder what she's going to tell me.

After yesterday I have so many things I want to ask her, I don't even know where to begin.

"You're early." A familiar voice whispers behind me.

I turn to look at her. She's dressed in a black fitted t-shirt and tight blue jeans with a pair of all black converses, her hair is pulled back in a messy ponytail and her blue eyes are shining in the morning sun.

Se looks amazing.

"Hi." I breathe out.

"Is anyone with you?" She asks, looking around.

"No." I shake my head, confused by the question. Why would anyone be with me?

"Good. Come." She turns on her heels and starts walking towards the crowd of people waiting in line for the food trucks to open.

"Wait." I call out. "How'd you get my email?" I inquire, popping a brow.