Pieces That Don't Belong

If you haven't already go and get my book Love Me Back To Life on Amazon.com. :) Thanks for all the support guys.

http://www.amazon.com/Love-Me-Back-Life-yourself-ebook/dp/B00YIP4J1E/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1433007033&sr=8-4&keywords=love+me+back+to+life

------

"Colby say something." Shay implores me warily. I think she thinks I'm going to freak out, but why on earth would I freak out?

I mean there is absolutely no reason to freak out right now! Cause she hasn't just told me that she as a freaking Lycanthrope-which by the way, I'm still not entirely clear on-can actually kill me. Not hurt me or maim be but kill me!

I glance up at her then back down to her wood covered floor. What the hell am I supposed to say to that? What can I say?

"I," I start, but I'm drawing a blank here. I narrow my eyes at her before closing them tightly. She touches my arm and for the first time since I've known her I don't want her to touch me. My head is too cloudy right now. I flinch and move back from her.

Hurt flashes across her face and she recoils her hand. "You're mad at me?" She asks softly.

I don't know what I am to be honest. I mean, do I have the right be to mad at her in this situation?

My eyes find hers. "Did you know, when we first met did you know that you could..." I trail off and stare at her.

She shakes her head. "I didn't." She says adamantly. "I swear I didn't. Colby," She moves closer to me, grabbing my hand in hers. I try to pull mine away but she grips it tighter. "I would never intentionally put you in harm's way." She mutters with sincerity.

I need her to let my hand go because it's doing things to me right now and I want to be mad at her. I want to be really freaking mad but I can't because she's holding my hand and licking her lips in that way she does and I can't think straight. I need to be able to think straight. I try to pull my hands away once again but she holds on for dear life.

"Please don't be angry with me, Colby. I don't know how to deal with you being angry with me." She admits and it catches me off guard. In the little time I've known Shay she has never really volunteered any information, trying to get her to open up is like pulling teeth.

"I'm not..." I swallow thickly and shake my head. "My brother... I think he knew or he knows or he... he told me to stay away from you. That we shouldn't hang out. I think he knew something." I stare into her ocean blue eyes as she searches for something to say.

"I didn't know. I promise. I'm not entirely sure that I even know or fully understand the things that I do know, you know?"

"No." I shake my head. This conversation is becoming a freaking riddle or something.

She sighs and grips my hand even tighter, if that's even possible. She scoots closer to me causing our pant covered legs to touch. "I don't know exactly what all this means Colby, I don't want you to be out of my life but I don't want to hurt you either. I don't know what to do..."

"I don't understand." I shake my head. How is this any different from shifting into a wolf or an owl or whatever the hell else she shifts into daily? Why is this creature different?

"I can't control this." She whispers. I narrow my eyes at her.

"When you change?" I ask. She nods. "Just this thing?" She nods again. "Why not?" I question.

"I," she pauses, looking down at our hands. I'm starting to feel a bit strange. I look down at our connected hands.

Electricity surges through me and I close my eyes at the feeling.