Chapter 21- "I'm going where?!?"

Sorry for the long wait but here's the chapter for your enjoyment!!:) WARNING FOR ALL FANS OF THIS BOOK THIS CHAPTER MAY BE SHOCKING;) I can't thank you enough for getting the book past 3000 reads!!! I love you guys so much!!! Thanks for making my dreams come true<3

I felt numb inside. What the hell could Mrs.Hamel want at a time like this? I mean if dealing with that kiss isn't enough she has to dump a random package of French books on me? My grades weren't enough so now I have to be bilingual or something? I think this feeling is called sensory overload. I jumped on my bed just lieing still for ten seconds letting my brain go blank before I really started to dive into everything. I shut my eyes and mentally started counting down from sixty. When my mental timer went off I opened my eyes and sat up, grabbing my phone from the bedside table. I dialed Mrs.Hamel's number and she picked up instantly.

"Hello Jenna." She answered and I could tell by her tone that she was smiling. "I'm guessing you got my package?"

"Yeah," I skipped my usual cheerfulness and went straight to the questions. "what's with the books?"

"Because, I know you wanted to go to London, but we found somewhere even nicer. Guess where your going?!" She nearly squeeled with excitement. I on the other hand almost passed out. If I wasn't going to London...where was I going?

"What...?" I was completely numb now. I wasn't going to London.

"You're going to Paris!" I could tell she was proud of herself for getting me to a place like Paris and expected the same reaction from me. That's not what I was giving her though. "...Aren't you excited?" I couldn't be rude to her and say my truthful opinion, after all she was getting me out of here, but now there was no chance me and Jake could be together.

"Overjoyed." I hung up before I dropped the phone. I was moving to Paris. The idea was starting to sink in. I was moving to France at the end of the school year. Nowhere near Jake. I groaned and picked up my phone once again dialing Jake's number. I had to vent the news. After a few rings he picked up.

"Hello?"

"Hi." I replied, even my voice sounded exhausted and overwhelmed. There was a short silence on the other end.

"Oh...hey...what's up?" He sounded nervous for some reason.

"Who is that?" Asked a voice in the background. A feminine voice. With a british accent. This better not be what I think this is. I could tell he was in his room or somwhere inside since there was no background noise of he was out.

"One sec." He said and I heard a muffling sound as if his hand was covering the phone. Little did he know I could still here him. "Babe, don't worry. It's just my mom." The girl in the background laughed.

"Then tell your mother to kindly leave 'cause we're busy." He laughed at this and uncovered the speaker. I was incomplete shock. This douchebag is two timing me! I was so mad. The kiss and being shipped off to Paris was confusing enough, but this was now overboard. What boyfriend does all those sweet things for a girl then two times her?! Correction, ex-boyfriend.

"Sorry, what were you going to say?" He asked as if he was completely unconcerned of his actions.

"You know, what it doesn't matter. You seem too busy with "babe" to care anyways." I snapped putting all my anger into my tone. That shut him up fast. "After all, why should you care what I have to say anyways? I'm just your mother. Were over!" I hung up with such aggression I wouldn't be surprised if my thumb broke right threw my keyboard. I dropped my phone on the bedside table and soon the anger subsided to sadness and the tears poured down my face. Why am I so stupid? Why didn't I listen to Thomas?! Why was all this happening all at the same time?! Life is way more difficult than it should be. I hate to break it to all you people out there that are overly optimistic or think "there is a rainbow around every

corner", you are sadly mistaken. Because sometimes life hurts. Sometimes you fall down, or there really is no good news or your benefit of the doubt was wrong. You my friend are wrong. And that's exactly what I needed right this moment; a friend. I called up Thomas.

"Hello?"

"Can you come over?"

"Umm sure."

"Great." I hung up before he could say anything or change his mind.

"Look, I'm sorry." I sniffed hoping to god my eyes weren't too puffy. Nonetheless he smirked. We sat on my bed just talking.

"What for? You didn't do anything wrong."

"I'm sorry for not believing you about the whole Jake thing. You were right, he was all over some British chick." His face became serious.

"Really?"

"Yeah," I looked down at my fidgeting fingers. "It's over between us now. I can't believe I fell for the whole 'you changed me' skit."

"It's ok Jenna, he's out of your life now!" No more Jake, no more heartbreak."

"That's what's bumming me out, he's out of my life for good now. Forever." and forever is a long time.