Chapter 18- The Trust Game

I nearly jumped when my phone rang. I picked it up as fast as possible expecting to hear Jake's sweet voice on the other line. Instead I was pleasantly surprised to hear Mrs.Hamel. Usually I would hate to get calls from her, but this was an exception. The only reason she could be calling was because of news on my "escaping to London" plan.

      "Jenna?"

      "Yep, I'm here." My heart was pounding so hard it nearly broke right through my chest.

      "So I have good news and bad news." Oh-no, not bad news, please not bad news! "Good news is the board surprisingly agreed on you moving schools out of the country. Bad news Is we don't know where yet and you wouldn't move until the summer." That majorly sucked, but summer vacation was only two months away! I could manage that.

       "So I'm probably going to London?" I asked.

       "You're probably going to London." I heard the smile in her voice. I nearly jumped up in excitement, but resisted the urge. I watched as Thomas observed me and I gave him a grin signalling it was good news.

       "Thank you so much Mrs.Hamel!" I nearly squeaked as she gave a light hearted laugh and said a quick good bye before hanging up.

       "What was that all about?" he asked curiously.

       "I'm getting out of here!" I yelled in utter excitement. I jumped into his arms giving him a bear hug.  Wait, what the hell am I doing?! I shoved Thomas away harshly, which only caused him to grin.

      "Somebody's over excited." he teased. I buried my face in my hands shaking my head. Damn I'm stupid.

     "Can we please forget that just happened?" I mummbled through my hands.

     "Why forget it?" He smirked. I glared at him.

     "Because I have a boyfriend." His smile faltered.

     "Who is in another country," he continued saying the exact words I was trying to avoid with a serious face "I hate to be the one to tell you this, but long distance relationships don't work. That ass will probably ditch you for some hot, British chick. He always does." he grumbled. I was utterly shocked.

     "What do you mean?" I demanded.

    "Look, he's not the guy you think he is. He's a player and he may be sweet to you and all the other girls hes picked up, but to us guys -me especially- he is a complete asshole, excuse my french."

    "Are you serious?" I whispered.

    "Yep, he used to bully me and just go out of his way to-"

   "No, no, no, not about you! I meant is it true he's a player?" I barked cutting him off.

   "100% true. On Facebook some crazy chick named Virginia keeps leaving messages on his board, I guess she's still pissed about Tammy."

    "Who's Tammy?" I asked.

    "Oh she was the one before Virginia and the one after Quinn and Amber. Some tramp he picked up at a party while dating Virginia." He shrugged as if he was talking about a boring history question. To me though this was crushing. I thought I was special. Wait a minute, why should I be listening to him? I mean he could be lieing for all I know. 

     "Why should I believe you?" I scowled wanting to know the truth, but then again a lie sometimes hurts less then the truth.

      "To be perfectly honest I wouldn't trust me either in your circumstance and I really don't care if you do, but I am being honest. I'm not one to snoop in other peoples business, but everyone knows Jake's rep at school. Trust me on this one." He seemed perfectly truthful, but that didn't change my mind at all. I shot him a dirty look and he threw his hands up in defense. "You should feel special, I'm trying to be nice! Ask anyone, this is a rare occurance."

      "Yeah, trying to mess with my heart and relationship, extremely nice." I snorted ruefully while rolling my eyes.

       "Well, who would you rather tell this to you? Me or Jake as he's grinding up on some British chick in London town?" he asked seriously. I sat there thinking it over, but fell silent. "Exactly."

       I was so confused my mind was spinning out of control. I didn't know wether to trust Thomas or not. I mean this was the guy who almost sexually abused me, but he seemed ashamed of what he did and his eyes seemed truthful. Plus the story did kind of match up because Virginia is crazy about him. Not like crazy in love, but crazy in the head. And Jake wouldn't do that type of thing...would he? I mean he did date Virginia, that is a crime in itself. This was all too much to comprehend. The only thing I could fully understand was that I was going to call him tomorrow and straighten this out.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N to trust or not to trust that is the question;) So hope you enjo, what do you guys think will happen next?