Chapter 33

Draco fast sat up straight in bed, heavily panting. He wiped the sweat off of his forehead and felt that his cheeks were wet. He had been crying in his sleep again. Why did he get that nightmare every single time again.
‘Mate are you okay?’ Blaise asked from his bed.
Draco looked around, but it was really dark and he couldn’t see a thing.
‘No.’ Draco said.
‘You were yelling.’ Blaise said.
‘Hmmm.’ Draco said.
‘Again the same nightmare?’ Blaise asked.
‘Yeah.’ Draco said.
‘Just go back to sleep.’ Blaise said.
‘Hmm.’ Draco said and he turned around.
A few hours later when Draco woke up again he got up out of bed. He got dressed and walked towards the Great Hall. Draco sat down on his usual place, just like everyday.
‘Morning.’ Harry said as Draco sat down.
‘Morning.’ Draco said.
‘Oh my, Draco you look horrible.’ Ginny said.
‘Thanks.’ Draco said.
‘Again the nightmare?’ Harry asked.
‘Yes.’ Draco said.
‘Why do I get the same nightmare every night, as if the reality isn’t hard enough already, no my mind wants to make me mad or something.’ Draco said.
‘They’ll go away eventually.’ Ginny said.
‘I hope so.’ Draco said.
‘I’m going.’ Draco said after a silence.
‘You haven’t eaten anything.’ Ginny said.
‘I’m not hungry.’ Draco said.
‘You’re saying that the past few weeks.’ Ginny said.
‘You need to eat something.’ Ginny said.
‘Hermione would want you to.’ Harry said.
By the name of Hermione Draco felt a pain in his chest and his stomach twisted. Draco sighed and got some toast. He ate the toast and then looked up again.
‘Can I go now?’ Draco asked.
‘You know Hermione doesn’t want you to feel like this.’ Ginny said.
Draco had been feeling really guilty, because he thought this was all his fault.
‘But I do.’ Draco said.
‘I understand why you think it’s all your fault, but it isn’t, none of this is.’ Ginny said.
‘It’s all Parkinson’s fault.’ Harry said.
Draco sighed and walked away.
‘Good morning.’ Ron said as he walked towards them.
‘Morning.’ Draco said and he passed him.
Draco walked through the corridors towards the exit. He walked towards the Black Lake and sat down, looking at the water in front of him. He sighed and stayed there just looking out on the Black Lake, doing nothing, just enjoying the silence. Then after a hour or so he stood up and walked slowly back to the castle with his hands in his pockets. He entered the castle and walked through the corridors towards the library. He entered the library and walked to a bookshelf looking for the book Hogwarts A History. When he found it he packed it and sat down on one of the chairs that were in the library. He opened the book and started to read it. When he missed Hermione and he had to do something he packed this book, because he knew that Hermione had read it a lot. After a while he stopped reading and stood up, putting the book back and walking out of the library.
‘Draco.’ Draco heard out of the sudden behind him.
Draco turned around and saw Blaise coming towards him.
‘Hi.’ Draco said.
‘How are you?’ Blaise asked.
‘Fine.’ Draco said.
‘Sure.’ Blaise said.
‘I can’t take this anymore.’ Draco said.
‘I know.’ Blaise said.
Draco sighed and looked down at his feet.
‘You know about what I said to you.’ Blaise said.
Draco looked back up.
‘About not visiting her anymore.’ Blaise said.
‘I think you better go to her right now, that’s the best for you.’ Blaise said.
‘Thanks mate.’ Draco said with a small smile.
Of course Draco didn’t need permission from Blaise when it came to visiting his girlfriend, but Blaise had told Draco that it was maybe better if he would visit her less, so if she DID die it would hurt less.
‘Talk to you later.’ Blaise said.
Draco walked away but this time with a destination. After a while Draco arrived in St Mungo’s and walked towards Hermione’s room. Draco sat down next to her bed and grabbed her hand.
‘I’m so sorry Mione I haven’t visited you the past two days.’ Draco said softly.
‘I tried to stay away, but I couldn’t do it.’ Draco said.
‘I miss you Mione.’ Draco said softly.
Then out of the sudden Hermione gave a tiny squeeze in Draco’s hand. Draco widened his eyes and looked at Hermione.
‘Hermione?’ Draco said.
But there came no reaction.
‘NURSE!’ Draco yelled.
Immediately a nurse ran in and looked at Draco.
‘She squeezed my hand!’ Draco said.
‘She did?’ The nurse asked surprised.
Draco nodded.
‘But that is wonderful! Was she awake?’ She asked.
‘No, only her hand squeezed mine.’ Draco said with a smile.
‘Okay, if you can wait outside of the room, then I can look at her.’ The nurse said.
Draco nodded and stood up, of course he wanted to stay, he didn’t want anything more, but he couldn’t walk in the way, she gave a sign that she’s fighting to wake up, the first sign in months.
Another nurse ran towards the room to assistant the other. Draco heard them talk through the closed door and after a few minutes he heard them coming closer.
‘I had already given up on her.’ One nurse said.
‘Yes me too, I thought she would stay like this until she died.’ The other one said.
Then the door opened.
‘And?’ Draco asked.
‘No other sign, and we have to believe you on your word that she squeezed.’ The nurse said.
‘She did, she squeezed my hand, I could feel it, it was a tiny squeeze.’ Draco said.
‘Are you really sure about it? Wasn’t this just your imagination?’ The nurse asked.
‘I am 1000% positive.’ Draco said.
The nurse nodded and Draco walked back into the room. He sat back down on the chair with a smile on his face. He grabbed Hermione’s hand again and planted a kiss on it.
‘I knew you could do this.’ Draco said smiling.

Draco walked into the Great Hall and sat down on his usual place on the Gryffindor table with a huge grin on his face.
‘What happened to you?’ Ron asked.
‘I have to tell you guys something.’ Draco said.
‘What?’ Ginny asked curious.
‘I was with Hermione this afternoon and I held her hand, I was talking to her and then she gave a tiny squeeze in my hand.’ Draco told them.
‘What?’ Harry asked surprised.
‘She squeezed my hand.’ Draco said smiling.
‘That is great!’ Ginny said happily.
‘Are you sure she squeezed? You know you’re missing her a lot so maybe you thought she squeezed, but in reality she didn’t…’ Ron said.
‘I know it for sure, she squeezed me.’ Draco said.
‘How many times?’ Ron asked.
‘One.’ Draco said.
‘Are you really sure? Because I don’t really like false hope.’ Ron said.
‘It isn’t false hope, I felt it! She squeezed me, she will wake up. This is the first movement she did in months.’ Draco said.
‘I believe him.’ Ginny said.
‘Me too.’ Harry said.
‘I first want to see it with my own eyes.’ Ron said.
‘Geez Ronald can’t you just be nice for one moment?’ Ginny asked.
‘No.’ Ron said.
Harry rolled his eyes as he sighed. Draco couldn’t care less though, Hermione had given a sign that she would wake up, that she heard him.

A/N:

Got ya didn't I? Thought she was dead, didn't you? nope was just a horrible nightmare
and OH MY GOSH Hermione squeezed Draco's hand when he told her he missed her how cute is that! But did she really squeeze Draco's hand? Or was it his imagination that was playing with him?
I am soooo sorry for updating sooo freaking late, I had a busy week on school and the two weeks before that I was on vacation so I couldn't write or post.
Thanks for reading, voting and the nice comments it means soooo much! :D
I'll try to update as soon as possible :) Thank you for waiting and I'm sorry
Oh and if you like fairy tales and adventureishthingy stories you can check out my new story Once Upon A Time :) It's about a girl who grew up in this world, but doesn't belong there. She finds that out and things will go wrong and she needs to find other things out to get where she belongs, "her world" and of course the famous fairy tales characters like Snow White, Prince Charming, Rapunzel, the sleeping beauty, Red Riding Hood, fairies, an evil queen and enemies will be in the story.

xxc