Chapter 27

Hermione saw Draco’s hand freeze. She looked up at his face and it was straight. Draco’s face was cold.
‘Draco…’ Hermione said carefully.
Draco looked down at Hermione and his face softened.
‘You promised to not get mad remember?’ Hermione said.
Draco nodded lightly.
‘Why?’ He asked.
‘He wanted to say sorry and say that I was right.’ Hermione said.
‘Right about what?’ Draco asked.
‘About that if your mother wasn’t a pure-blood he would still love her.’ Hermione said.
Draco looked into Hermione’s eyes.
‘You’re always right.’ Draco said with a small smile leaning forwards to kiss her.
‘Oh and he told me something else…’ Hermione said pulling away.
‘What?’ Draco asked.
‘He told me who had told him about us.’ Hermione said.
Draco looked at her.
‘Pansy Parkinson.’ Hermione said softly.
‘Oh I know that bitch told him, because of her I knew where you were.’ Draco said.
‘Really? She just told you?’ Hermione asked.
‘Er- well not exactly…. I kind of threatened her…’ Draco said.
‘You did what?’ Hermione asked widening her eyes.
‘I threatened her, but otherwise we didn’t know for sure you would be in the Malfoy Manor.’ Draco said in a hushed voice.
‘It’s okay.’ Hermione said laying her head back on Draco’s chest.
‘I love you Mione.’ Draco said.
Hermione felt happiness filling her body.
‘I love you too Draco.’ She said smiling.
Draco kissed her hair and pressed her softly against him. They laid there like that for a while and then one of the nurses came in.
‘She needs to take her potion.’ The nurse said.
Hermione lifted her head up and took the potion from the woman. She drank it and laid her head back down on Draco’s chest.
‘I’m getting so tired.’ Hermione said and right after she said the last word she was asleep.
Draco smiled at his girlfriend and rubbed her arm. Draco closed his own eyes and fell asleep after a few minutes. After a while he woke up because someone was shaking his arm.
‘Draco?’ He heard.
He opened his eyes and saw his mother standing beside him. It was already dark outside.
‘How is she?’ She asked worried.
‘She’s fine.’ Draco said.
He wanted to sit up straight, but Hermione had her head still on his chest so he couldn’t move.
‘How are you?’ She asked.
‘Fine, I just want her to come back with me to Hogwarts.’ Draco said.
‘Of course you want that.’ Narcissa said.
‘I can ask for another bed, so you can sleep properly.’ Narcissa said.
‘No that’s not necessary.’ Draco said with a small smile.
He looked down at his girlfriend who was still sleeping and gave her a kiss on her hair.
‘I’m sorry for what happened.’ Narcissa said.
‘You couldn’t do anything about mother, it’s not your fault.’ Draco said.
‘I just hope she thinks about it that way too.’ She said looking at Hermione.
‘I think she does.’ Draco said.
Narcissa smiled.
‘I don’t want to be rude, but what are you doing here?’ Draco asked.
‘I actually wanted to talk to Hermione, but as you can see she’s asleep.’ Narcissa said.
Draco smirked.
‘I’ll come back later.’ Narcissa said wanting to walk away.
‘How late is it?’ Draco asked.
‘It’s 6 pm.’ Narcissa said.
‘She’s going to wake up every moment now.’ Draco said and just a second after he said that Hermione opened her eyes slowly.
Hermione looked up and smiled at Draco, giving him a kiss and then she saw something in the corner of her eye. She looked at the person and saw it was Narcissa. Hermione gave Narcissa a smile and Narcissa returned it.
‘How are you feeling dear?’ Narcissa asked.
‘Could be better.’ Hermione said.
‘I’m so sorry about everything that has happened.’ Narcissa said.
‘It’s okay, it’s not your fault.’ Hermione said.
‘No it’s not okay, it’s not okay at all.’ Narcissa said.
Hermione sat up straight and looked at the woman, she just smiled at her. Hermione signed to Narcissa that she needed to come closer. Narcissa walked to the side of the bed where Draco wasn’t laying and stopped. Hermione gave Narcissa a soft hug, because otherwise she would hurt herself. And after she pulled away she looked into the woman’s sad eyes.
‘It’s okay, you don’t have to worry about it.’ Hermione said.
Narcissa nodded wiping fast a little tear away from her cheek. Draco had never seen his mother cry not even a little bit, so he was quite surprised.
‘I think I’ll let you two alone, I hope we’ll see each other soon.’ Narcissa said to Hermione.
‘I hope so too.’ Hermione said with a smile.
Narcissa nodded and she walked out of the room.
‘Did you see the tear?’ Draco asked still a bit confused.
‘Yes…. Something wrong with that?’ Hermione asked looking at Draco with a smile.
‘No, but I just … this was the first time I saw her cry, even if it was just one tear.’ Draco said.
‘That’s possible, she’s a strong woman.’ Hermione said.
‘Yes, she is.’ Draco said.
After Draco had gone away when it was really late, because he had to follow his classes tomorrow morning. Hermione had lifted up her pillow to get it right and she saw a folded piece of parchment laying there. She packed it and put the pillow down. She looked at it and there stood.
‘Miss Granger, this is the letter Pansy Parkinson had send me, Lucius Malfoy’ Hermione widened her eyes a bit and then unfolded the piece of parchment.