Chapter 12

Draco’s POV:

‘So you’re here with Hermione?’ The girl called Lavender said.
‘Yes I am.’ I said proud.
‘I’m happy for you, Hermione said you changed a lot.’ Ginny said to me.
‘Thank you.’ I said smiling.
‘How long do you like her?’ Ginny asked.
‘Since our fourth year.’ I said smiling.
‘Really?’ Ginny asked surprised.
‘I know, yes really.’ I said looking down.
‘Have you asked her?’ Ginny asked.
‘Asked her what?’ I asked.
‘To marry you! Duh if she wanted to be your girlfriend.’ Ginny said.
‘Didn’t she tell you?’ I asked.
‘No, but did you?’ Ginny asked.
‘Yes but I’m not sure if she’ll like it if you tell it someone else.’ I said.
‘Don’t worry I’ll keep my mouth closed.’ Ginny said smiling.
‘You know Draco, you’re a really nice person.’ Ginny said.
‘You too.’ I said smiling.
‘Hermione come back!’ I heard Ron yell behind me.
I turned around to see Hermione run away and Harry saying something to Ron and walking in our direction.
‘If you don’t mind…’ I said.
‘Of course, just go.’ Ginny said smiling and I stood up.
‘Do you want me to help looking for her?’ Harry asked when I passed him.
‘No thanks I know where she is.’ I said smiling and I ran out of the Great Hall.
I ran towards the Black lake and saw her sitting on the bench.
‘Hermione!’ I said and I ran towards her.
She didn’t look up. I put my hand on her shoulder and stood still in front of her. Now she looked up, I saw her tears rolling over her cheeks. She stood up and hugged me. He wrapped my hands around her and hugged her back. I held her tight and I heard her sobbing.
‘What did he say? Or do?’ I asked her after a few minutes.
‘He… he thinks you’re up to something because…. why would you go to the ball with me…’ Hermione said sobbing.
‘Hermione! You know I don’t asked you because I’m up to something! What did he say I was going to do?’ I asked.
‘He didn’t know, he just knew you were up to something, something to hurt me.’ Hermione said.
‘Of course I’m not! I… I love you.’ I said.
Hermione looked up into my eyes. I wiped her tears of her cheeks and she smiled.
‘I love you too.’ Hermione said smiling.
I got a big smile on my face. This was one of the best moments in my whole life! I said it! I finally had the courage to say it out loud to her and she said it back. This day was had been perfect if Ron didn’t screw it up.
‘I really do.’ Hermione said smiling.
I kissed her and then I felt her shiver.
‘Here take this.’ I said while I pulled my jacket off.
I put it around her and she smiled.
‘Thank you.’ She said smiling.
‘Shall we go back inside?’ Hermione asked.
‘Are you sure?’ I asked concerned.
‘Yes, we’ll have a fun night and I’m not going to let Ronald ruin it again.’ Hermione said smiling.
She packed my hand and we walked back inside. With her other hand she wiped the last few tears away and when we were back in the castle she stopped.
‘No wait! I can’t go in there like this’ She said.
I looked at her and didn’t saw anything different accept for her cheeks that were a little bit wet. I wiped them dry and smiled.
‘You still look beautiful.’ I said smiling and I kissed her.

Hermione’s POV:

Draco kissed me and we walked further to the Great Hall. When we got in there I saw Ginny and Harry sitting around the table with Lavender and Ron.
Ginny stood up and walked towards me. She gave me a hug.
‘Are you all right?’ She asked worried.
‘Now I am.’  I said smiling and I looked up to Draco.
‘Ron is just such an pain in the ass sometimes.’ Ginny said.
‘Yeah, he really is.’ I said smiling.
‘Just don’t pay attention to him and have fun okay?’ Ginny asked.
I nodded smiling and walked with Draco to the dance floor. We danced the whole night.
‘And now the last song of the evening.’ Professor McGonagall said.
A slow song started. I put my arms around Draco’s neck and Draco put his hands on my waist. He smiled and came closer, I did the same and then our lips touched. I felt the butterflies again in my stomach. After the song ended we walked out of the Great Hall.
‘This was amazing, thank you.’ I said smiling.
‘I’m glad you had fun.’ Draco said smiling to me.
Draco walked with me to the Gryffindor Tower. We stopped in front of the portrait of the Fat Lady.
‘I’ll see you tomorrow.’ Draco said.
‘Good night.’ I said.
‘Sweet dreams.’ Draco said smiling and he kissed me before I climbed through the portrait.
I walked into the common room and there were Harry, Ginny and Ron.
‘You couldn’t give her a fun night could you?’ Ginny said and then she saw I was there.
‘Hermione…’ Ron said.
I ignored him and walked to the stairs.
‘Good night.’ I said, walked upstairs to my room and went to bed.

Ginny’s POV:

‘Good night.’ I said to Hermione and she walked upstairs.
‘No really Ron! That was just great!’ I said.
‘Why did you do that? Why did you ruin her ball again?’ I asked.
‘I thought Malfoy was going to do something to her.’ Ron said.
‘Well you thought that wrong! I saw how he looked at her! How he talks about her! He really loves her!’ I said.
I was starting to get more angry with every word I said.
‘I said I’m sorry.’ Ron said.
‘I think that’s not enough!’ I said and I stood up.
‘Where are you going?’ Harry asked.
‘I’m going to bed.’ I said.
I gave Harry a kiss and walked towards the stairs.
‘Aren’t you just jealous that she has someone else? Someone who loves her?’ I asked.
‘Of course not! I want her to be happy! She’s one of my best friends!’ Ron said.
‘You didn’t show that really this evening, did you?’ I said and I walked upstairs to my room.
When I got in there I saw that Hermione was already sleeping. I changed my dress into my pj’s and went to bed as well.