chapter one

Hook was pacing left and right.
"Killian, calm down" Regina said.
Hook stopped and faced Regina. "Calm down? Calm down?! You could atleast sound grateful for starters she bloody sacrificed herself for you!" Hook shouted.
Regina sighed and softened her voice. "We'll find a way to get her back"
"Yeah," I spoke up. "We'll find her and help her"

I watched Hook run over to the dagger with now had Emma's name carved into it and held it in front of him.
"Dark One, I summon thee!" He ordered. After a moment of silence he tried again, and again, and again.
"DARK ONE, APPEAR!" He shouted, making me jump slightly.

I then saw Henry jogging towards me. I ran towards him, hugging him tightly. When we pulled away he took a long look at the dagger held in Hook's hand.
"Henry, don't worry. We're going to find her"
"I snapped the pen-" Henry whispered.
"What?" I asked, hoping I heard it wrong.
His eyes reverted from the dagger to me. "I snapped the pen, Brooke"
"You what?" I hissed.
Henry looked down to the floor, hanging his head. Maybe I was a bit harsh.
"Sorry, Henry. It was just a bit of a shock, I didn't mean to sound rude. But why did you do it?"
He looked back up, shrugged then sighed.
I was about to say something but Regina spoke before me. "Put that thing down before you hurt yourself, guyliner" Regina said to Hook. "Don't you know The Dark One's rules?"
"I can summon her from any corner of the world-"
"Well there's your answer"
Henry and I looked at each-other in confusion.
"She's not in this world"
Hook stared at Regina and strode up to her. "Where's The Apprentice?"

***

We all ran into Mr Gold's shop and followed Hook into another room.
As soon as Hook saw Mother Superior knelt beside The Apprentice he spoke to him. "Where did Emma go?"
"She is now where all darkness is born." he replied weakly.
"Take us there." Hook ordered.
"I am too weak now" He began. "But this" The Apprentice waved his hand around and a wand appeared. "Will help. It is a gift from Merlin. In it is all the light magic"
"It can take us to my mom?" Henry asked.
"Not on its own" he answered. "In order to cross realms it must be wielded with both sides of the coin" The Apprentice's eyes then started to flutter and his grip loosened. His arm dropped to the bed and the wand fell out of his hand.
We all fell silent for a moment before Regina spoke up. "I guess that's my queue" she picked up the wand and held it to the ceiling, slowly waving it around in circles until stopping and pointing the tip even higher.
But nothing happened.
Regina's eyebrows furrowed in frustration as she carried on trying to cast the spell.
"Enough!" Hook shouted. "Before you embarrass yourself and waste our time"
"Watch it. I know what I'm doing" she snapped.
"Well that's not enough. You heard the man it needs darkness, you've gone soft"
I looked to Henry and raised my eyebrows at Hook's comment.
"You want to see soft? Why don't I use that Hook to show you your intestines?" She threatened.
"You've got the fire, love but not the blackness, not anymore. How's this for irony you've done too much good. We need someone wicked"
Henry's snapped towards mine. "Zelena?!" He mouthed.
I bit my lip anxiously. "You think so?" I whispered.
Regina's eyes widened when she realised Hook really did mean Zelena. "No. No, no. Not my sister!"
"For Emma it's worth the risk. She sacrificed herself for you! Shouldn't you repay the bloody favour?"
Regina and Hook stared at each-other for a moment. "Fine." She muttered.