Chapter 5: (EDITED)

chapter 5:

Roses POV

Cam still hadn't come home, it was just me, Luke and my dad staying at the house. I hoped Camie was happy, she was now with her mate and her soon to be new pack. Me and Luke were to take the alpha title two weeks before our eighteenth birthday. Camie was suppose to do the same with her mate. Then we would almost never see each other. We would only see each other during the school year and then we would only see each other and the border meetings once a month, on the full moon. The union of the alpha pairs was suppose to be shared with everyone in their packs, but I would not have my sister, and she would not have me. We would have our union on the same day.

"Rose, hunny come down here." my dad yelled up the stairs, which tore me out of my thoughts. It was early in the morning, and Luke was in my room. He had snuck over late last night. He was curled up next to me, and he looked worriedly to me.

"Stay here." I said quietly. I gave him a quick kiss then leaped off the bed and went downstairs. I got downstairs and dads face turning all serious.

"Rose, this is the last day this month you will be going to school. I will start training tomorrow and you will learn how to defend yourself and your pack. I hope you're ready. Don't worry by the way, the school will understand, they already know. So just come home from school tomorrow and make sure you eat good food tomorrow, you will need it."

"Yes, dad. Anything you say." without a look back, I headed up the stairs with high hopes to see my mate laying in my bed waiting for me, to be able to embrace me in a warm and loving hug. But to my great demise, he wasn't there, in his place was a folded note. I picked up the note and unfolded it to read it. It read,

my love,

i will see you at school, i must go home to get ready for the day, wear something nice, i plan on doing something after school. don't dress too fancy but yet still dress nice. i will see you in first period. hope your ready for one amazing day.

-your love, Luke

I smiled at the note at kissed it, then went to pick out my clothes. I had an hour and a half to get ready and get to school so I could meet my love. I picked out nice teal dress that was above the knee length. I wore black leggings underneath it, with a pair of black flats. I did light makeup, light green. Then I added a black belt with a silver buckle on it to the dress. I thought I looked good, or so I thought. Once I had my outfit picked out, I went to the bathroom and took a nice hot shower. After that was done I left the bathroom and went to my room to get dressed. As I got to my room I realized my phone was ringing. I quickly picked up my phone, only to groan at the caller ID.

"Hello, Cam. What is it?"

"I will see you at school right?"

"I suppose you will. Why?"

"Well I was hoping I wouldn't lose my sister completely."

"It's a little late for that."

"But Rose..."

"No Cam, I'm done, you can stay with your mate and your new pack, I have come to understand fate. Just stay happy and let me know if you need anything, I will be there to help." with that I hung up the phone. Seeing her today was not going to be easy, but I would just act as if she was another person in the school. I quickly got dressed and put my makeup on. I slipped my shoes on and grabbed my backpack and purse and headed downstairs. As I got downstairs my dad tossed my a set of keys.

"Happy late birthday."

"What did you get me? A set of house keys?"

"No those are the keys to your new car, which sits outside."

"OMG no way you got me a car?!?!?" I was beyond excited, I was freaking out. Luke would never believe this, no having to run to school, or get picked up by the damned bus. Just me in my own car. It was a cherry red Ferrari. Man this was going to be awesome going to the school having everyone see the alpha's daughter driving the best car in the whole territory. They would be so jealous. But I hoped Luke wouldn't think that with the new attention I would ignore him, because he was my whole world. That was thoughts for later, I only had a half hour before first period started.

"Thanks for the car daddy. I love you. I'll see you after school." I gave my dad a quick kiss on the cheek as a thank you and left for school. On the way, I listened to the radio and it just so happened that my favorite song 'razor blade kiss' by HIM was on the radio, so I blasted it and listened to it on the way to school. When I pulled in the parking lot every girl that was there, looked at me. The seniors were super jealous and everyone else, well they just started. As I parked I saw Luke standing next to the main school doors, and he was just staring, then his head turned to the left, and he frowned then walked into school. I looked where he was looking and a huge crowd of people were moving to my car. I quickly got out and grabbed my things.

"Back off" I said using my alpha voice, not liking that I actually had to use that sometimes. "I'm still the same me, with or without the car, you will treat me the same as you always have. Now I'm going to go into school ,and unless you normally talk to me, or have a pack question, then you will leave me be." I said what I said, then left to go find Luke. When I did find him, he was sitting on the ground in front of his locker, with his headphones in. I quickly sat down next to him, and pulled one of his ear buds out.

"Hey what was that for?"

"We need to talk."