Chapter 29 ~

"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all."

― Oscar Wilde

- Liam -

"Hey Babe where you going?"

Danielle stood at the end of the stairs, her beautiful curly brown hair tangled and falling loosely onto my old 'Killers' t-shirt.

"Just going over to check on Harry and" I hesitated looking down. I couldn't even say her name.

Dani smiled at me sadly and walked over to embrace me in her arms. I blinked back warm tears. I needed to be strong.

"Are you sure your ok, I can check if you want"

We both knew she would be no better than I in this situation so I shook my head and quickly kissed her before leaving the door to drive over.

This was probably the fifth time I had gone to check since Harry left. It was unnecessary and he'd only asked me to check once or twice but there was something comforting about seeing her smiling face on the wall along with Harry's.

When we first found out the truth about V, the four of us and Perrie, Danielle and Eleanor all sat in their apartment for hours, saying nothing but silently comforting each other.

God works in mysterious ways, my mum kept saying but I didn't make any sense to me. Why would someone as selfless and down to earth as Viv be given such a horrendous curse I just couldn't fathom it.

The house was as I'd expected, empty and as I'd expected, dark and dreary. It felt like an abandoned fun house, a place where laughter and joy used to live but now all I could since was the echoes of sour memories.

This house meant nothing any more.

I'd talked to Viv a few times after we found out but I always came away feeling selfish and arrogant. I'd end up bursting into tears and have to be comforted by the cause of my weakness. I wondered how Harry must be feeling, slowly waiting for her to go.

I briefly scanned each room, my fingers running along the glass pictures. I was leaving the master bedroom when I heard someone come in.

"Liam?" Louis voiced echoes the empty hallway as he reached the bedroom.

"Hey" I said dryly

Louis smiled meekly "I was just on to Harry, he said that him and Viv are driving to Cheshire and are stopping off here on the way back, we need to do something for Viv"

"Like what?"

Louis' grin changed cheekily. Then he patted one finger against his nose.

- Viv -

I giggled. "I'm not peaking!!"

"Just a few more steps, trust me"

He could be leading me off a cliff and I'd still trust him. I thought happily, secretly wanting the surprise to last longer. Then the tension where his hands covered my eyes loosened and he let my eyes adjust. When they did, I didn't believe what he was showing me was real.

"We'll this isn't you house" I muttered half-heartedly.

Harry chuckled "gold star for Viv"

I took one step into what I could only guess to be the biggest room in one of Cheshire's fanciest hotels. The room was the perfect size, decoratd with dark scarlets' and mauves'. The back of the room had a large glass windows over looking the city and luxurious curtains on either side, clipped with gold rope. In the centre was a circular shaped bed on a platform, surrounded by a four post and curtains on either side. It possibly the biggest bed I had ever seen and it was dressed to the nines, with crimson and gold cushions that had tussles and frilly edging.