Chapter 21 ~

"I know it is wet and the sun is not sunny, but we can have lots of good fun that is funny."

― Dr. Seuss, The Cat in the Hat

- Harry -

Once again, England was having a rather unusual July heat wave and we were making the most out of it.

However I was beginning to regret introducing Eleanor and V, I mean who knew girls could become best friends so quickly. I guess it was handy for when I wanted to play golf but sometimes I just wanted It to be the two of us.

"Bit of your game today Haz" Louis said putting his hand to his forehead so he could see me under the sweltering sun. "You alright?"

I shrugged and took my position by the ball. I set my feet, wiggled my bum and even took a practice swing but my efforts were fruitless and my ball landed dead centre of the bunker.

I rubbed my hand against my jaw irritated, all golfers had off days, didn't they?

"So what are the girls up today?" Louis asked distracting me from the game.

I looked at him puzzled like he'd just asked me what I had for breakfast six years ago and then blinked, the fog clearing.

"Oh sorry" I said walking alongside Lou "They're um.... Getting they're nails done"

Lou chuckled "It's great that they're getting along isn't it?"

I nodded slowly "I'm just a bit worried about Viv"

It came out before I could stop myself. I prayed he hadn't heard but he stopped and looked at me confused.

"What for?"

I pressed my lips together. "Well" I breathed "I found out something the other day and I'm not sure if I should tell you?"

"Harry I'm your best mate, I won't tell anyone"

"Viv suffers from depression"

Lou's eyes widened and he looked at the ground, running a hand through his hair. "Jesus mate I didn't realize" he said putting a firm hand on my shoulder "you'd never know looking at her. She's so carefree and lively"

"Yeah" I sighed continuing to walked towards my ball "but there's a few things I've noticed"

I was louder now calling to louis from in the bunker. He stood a foot or so away from it, leaning on his club, with one hand in his capris.

"What's that?" He called

I took another awful shot, my ball rolling onto the green and then off again. I shook my head and walked back over to Lou who was preparing to putt.

"It's just" I continued "she's been having these moment where she...looses her breath"

"Looses her breath?"

Lou putt a perfect birdie into the hole.

"Yeah like sometimes she'll leave the room to go to the bathroom and ill hear her gasping or something like she does in her dream. Do you think I'm being paranoid here?"

"Maybe she's recovering from all the swooning she does over you"

"I'm being serious" I grumbled

"I know Haz" Lou laughed "but I don't think you need to be, she seems fine to be. You're just a man in love"

***

"I'm am definitely going back to her!" I raved grinning at my hands "who knew French tips looked so good?"