Chapter 25 ~

"Absence makes the heart grow fonder"

- Thomas Haynes Bayly

- Harry -

I rested my head on mums shoulder, both of us staring into the distance ahead of us.

"So you just left, didn't you want to know what was wrong?" Mum's words were soft but they didn't comfort me.

"Mum I don't think she would have told me"

That of course was a lie.

I knew that eventually she would have told me. But the thing was, she would've held something back and I can't take the truth when it comes in halves.

That and the fact that I was terrified as to why she was sick.

"What do the boys think"

I closed my eyes at the thought "They think I'm an idiot" I trailed off "and they miss her too"

"Your not an idiot Harry" mum whispered "You were in love and sometimes...sometimes you do stupid things when your in love"

"Yes but mum I haven't stopped thinking about her since!"

Mum stroked my hair and sighed "I can't decide for you. You know what's best for you and If you don't think you can trust her then its up to you...."

I kept my eyes firmly on the fireplace in our living room.

I thought for a long hard moment and then I stood up.

"I better head home mum, it's getting late"

***

- Viv -

Today was a good day.

And by good day I meant a positive and energetic day.

Gracie told me that I would have a few of these days and when they came I needed to embrace them and welcome them open armed. So I had decided to go to a college party with Fraya.

I guess when I saw Fraya that day in the park anything bad between us just blew away and we were close than ever. So close I even let her persuade me to let her do my hair for the party.

She sat in front of me cross-legged, her smooth fingers finishing the end of my fishtail braid.

"Now for makeup" she cheered reaching for her bag.

"Are you going to let me have any independence at all Fray?" I moaned as she began attacking me with a brush.

Fraya pretended to think "em...no not really. I even have a guy lined up!"

I stopped her. "No." I stated "no way. That's where I draw the line. You can pick my clothes and do my hair and makeup but I'm never going near a boy again"

"V" Fraya whined "I'm not asking you to fall in love just have a quick snog and maybe a cheeky feel. It'll give you a boost and a nice memory to think of when your wrecked and bored in this house.

I shook my head but kept my mouth shut the more I protested the more I encouraged her.

"Where is this party anyway" I asked

"Gasham Road"

I nodded in approval.

Fraya had picked out a pair of tight black skinny jeans and a white top with sides that hung to my waist. She had paired them with über high red heels but I'd switched them to wedges, I wasn't strong enough for heels.

She was wearing a tight black skirt that hugged her bum and a bust enhancing crop top. Her hair was pulled back into a high pony. All to impress Greg I assumed, the boy she hadn't shut up about.