Chapter 1 ~

"you've got to dance like there's nobody watching, love like you'll never be hurt, sing like there's nobody listening and live like it's heaven on earth" -William W. Purkey

- Viviana -

I'm going on holiday. I stared down at the letter in my hand and one word came to mind. Fate. Smiling, I strolled into the kitchen never moving my eyes from the letter. I still couldn't quite believe it.

"Mama!" I yelped excitedly watching my mothers long hair swish as she turned to look at me.

Her lips were pursed slightly indicating she had been concentrating on something before I disturbed her. My mother, like me, had what my father called 'The Revealing Lips'. Basically, you always knew what we were doing by looking at our lips. My sister Serena however had mastered hers and was able to stop them from revealing when she was lying. That, of course was a trick she had learned from my crazy aunt Paola.

"What is it?" She mused seeing I was unhurt and continuing to peel the potatoes

"I've won a trip to Spain!"

Once again my mother stopped and turned to stare at me unsure.

I sighed to myself, I had always envied my mother, even when I was a little girl I had dreamed of looking exactly like her. She wasn't like your typical mother with the short bob cut, the muffin top and the cut off linen trousers - she was extremely beautiful with sallow Italian skin, light brown eyes, sharp cheekbones and full rounded lips. Her natural highlighted brown hair fell to just below her chest and she always wore the latest fashion no matter how bizarre it was. I however, had acquired these genes but they were destroyed with sprinkled freckles from my fathers British family. I wasn't as petite either but tall broad shouldered like every woman on my dads side. I hated that Serena had basically become my mother in a smaller form. She had completely avoided any British genes, in fact she was so perfect I had a theory that my mother had an affair with a beautiful Italian man, but I usually got in trouble when I state this theory.

"Well you'll have to give them back" my father suddenly interjected. Strolling into the kitchen with Serena on his back.

"Why would I do that? Then I'd have to pay for my trip to Spain myself and that wouldn't make any sense" I smiled sarcastically dropping the letter on the table.

"Vivy Hun you can't just pack up and go on a holiday, you need to be taking care of yourself, staying with the people you love" Mama crossed over to give Dad a quick kiss on the lips and then tickle Serena slightly before taking the milk out of the fridge

"Why? So I can spend the last four months of my life thinking about all the things I never got a chance to do" I snapped, instantly regretting it.

Tears welled up in my Mama's eyes and she bit her bottom lip, holding herself from saying anything. I hated doing this to my parents when all they'd only ever done what was best for me but, I needed to become my own person before it was too late. Giving up treatment was my decision and I was not spending my last few months stuck in this tiny little town doing absolutely nothing.

I was born in Como, an Italian town at the foot of the alps and then moved to Framlingham in Suffolk when I six. My mother, Emilia Bandini lived in Como with her Italian family until she got pregnant with me at eighteen and moved to London with the father of her child, my dad, Chris Campbell. When she got pregnant they didn't really know each other that well but upon living in London they fell in love, or so I'm told. They married less than five months later and then, a few weeks later, I was born on the 8th of May. I was always very close to both sides of my family, we would vacation in Como during every school break and I'd visit my English grandparents and family every weekend. Then, when Serena came along, I was even more excited, I was finally a big sister and we had the perfect little family. In fact we were the happiest little family living in a little town house at the edge of a small town.

That was until I was diagnosed with stage four pelvic cancer when I was fourteen. After that all I remember was my world beginning to tear at seams. It was chemo every second week, radio once a month. I only have one best friend, Fraya, any other friends I had were long out of the picture - cancer stress didn't suit everyone. With the expenses of my chemo My father had to take up an extra shift at the police station and the bills were crippling my family. I hated every moment of it and about two weeks ago, a week before my eighteenth birthday, I decided to stop the treatment completely and was given four months to live. 

"V" Dad warned, bending down so Serena could jump off his back and climb onto my lap.

I smiled back at her innocent smiling face and stroked her hair just as my Aunt Paola strolled into our kitchen grinning brightly. Paola was my mothers much younger sister and was equally if not more beautiful that my mother.

"I think Viviana should be allowed decided for herself" Paola stated ignoring a death glare from my mother.

"It's sorted then!" I beamed just as my mother was about to snap

"No way" she grumbled through straight lips

"Yes way" I grumbled back

"No"

"Yes"

"No"

"Yes"

"Fine"

My eyes widened in delight. I looked at my father who was also looking shocked but saw him calm slightly. I knew then I had this in the bag. That was it, I was off on a sunny holiday to Spain and I was going to make the most of it. Spain, here I come. Adios Cloudy England and Hola sunny blue skies!

A/N*

Comment, follow and fan if you wish xx