Chapter 2 ~

"What's meant to be will always find a way"

― Trisha Yearwood

- Viviana -

In a town as small as ours you always know when someone is pulling up to your house. So when I heard the soft puff of a car engine I immediately knew the taxi was here and my heart jumped.

It was time for my adventure.

I had spent the last week shopping, packing and preparing myself for a holiday I was taking alone. My best friend Fraya had been a great help though I could tell she was slighted peeved that I sold the other plane ticket. It may seem like a long shot but going away on my own was an adventure in itself, I didn't need anyone looking after me, no matter what age they were.

Serena came bounding down the stairs, her dark blonde hair still not brushed. She smiled up at me, missing her bottom tooth.

"Will you miss me stelle?" I asked crouching down to look her in the eye.

Stelle was Italian for stars and as cheesy as it sounded, Serena had always been the shining star in my life and was worthy of the nickname.

"Yes, but Mr. Squishy needs you to take him too because he's your guardian angel"

I stared down at her confused. In her hand was her tiny brown bear, the one I'd bought for her when she was born. It had been sewed and stitched so many times in had more bruises than me but Serena refused to ever let it leave her side.

"But you'll miss Mr. Squishy" I said moving her hair behind her ear.

"Duh" she laughed "but he told me not to worry because he was going to take care of you as long as you take lots of pictures with him!"

Tears welled up in my eyes at her maturity. I couldn't get over how grown up she got every day. I blinked away any moisture and took the bear, kissing her forehead as she pulled me into a tight embrace.

Paola was next, standing tall behind Serena with open arms. When I went to hug her I felt her slip something into my pocket and whisper in my ear.

"Take care of yourself babe and break loads of hearts"

I laughed at her and then moved on to my mother and father who, between them, had changed their minds more than eleven times in the last week. It didn't make a difference - I was going no matter what.

"Love you so much Vivy" my mother said kissing both of my cheeks.

"Be good" My father added patting my head.

I allowed my mother to straighten out the pink hight waisted skirt I was wearing and button my blazer. She smiled teary at me as she did.

I turned to pick up my suitcase and bags packed for three gorgeous weeks in the sun. I waved goodbye to them all and hobbled out to the taxi man who helped me put them into his car. I waved at them once more but stopping at the sound of my name. Behind me, Fraya came sprinting down the road, her wild red mane flying behind her.

"I Came to say goodbye and remind you call me and text me and FaceTime and tell me all the gossip" she giggled kissing my cheek and hugging me tightly.

"I will, don't worry Fray" I promised.

Just before I got into the car I saw the fifty pound note and the three packets of condoms Paola had slipped into my pocket. I sighed and winked at her as I slid onto the leather seats. 

When we got to the airport I was shocked to find what looked like hundreds of screaming girls outside the airport all clad in shorts and tank tops although it was still pretty chilly out. They were chanting names and singing songs but I couldn't hear exactly what they were saying. This wasn't new for London Heathrow Airport, celebrities passed through it on a daily basis. 

I pretended when I first got out of the car that they were there for me. That they were going to see me and begin to cheer and clap. To them I looked like another teenager but it was a nice  thought. 

On the Monday after I received the letter I spent the whole day googling the place I was staying in and boy was it fancy. Right beside the beach with three swimming pools, a gym and a massive spa. I had taken every single cent of savings out of my bank account and was going to blow it all on everything available at the resort. 

When I eventually got onto the plane I saw the five boys the crowd of girls had been looking for. One Direction. I recognised them from Serena's bedroom, she was crazy about them all and I knew every member and all of their facts purely from Serena babbling on about them. To be honest I didn't see it, they seemed like total womanisers to me. 

First class was definitely not an area I felt comfortable in. The attendants were far too smiley and there was way too much leg room. My seat extended into a bed was situated in a sort of cubicle with my own television and table. I took out my laptop and magazine and then reached up to open the cabinet above my seat. Just as I was reaching up a husky voice spoke from behind me and a tattooed eye reached up to the cabinet to open it. 

"Here let me help"  

A breath caught in my throat as i saw my helper was the one in One Direction I knew to be Harry, his green eyes glistening as he neatly stowed my travel bag and then tentatively touched my shoulder.

"Um.. thanks"

I smiled unsure as he walked towards his own seat a few ahead of mine. The small group he was with were quite boisterous but then again I could be too when I was with my friends. I wondered if they were preforming in Spain or also looking for a small vacation away from the madness. Settling into my unnaturally comfortable seat I popped my head phones on and began to relax, taking out my notebook and scribbling down some more ideas for my list, excitement beginning to take over.

Scuba diving, I scribbled

Cliff jumping, I added drawing a little picture to go with it.

I thought for a second and then looked down at the book on my lap. 'The notebook'. I had read it a million times and every time I cried knowing that Noah loved her so much he was willing to re-tell their story over and over again. 

Cynicism didn't fare well with me but one thing I knew was Love wasn't on the cards. Nicolas Sparks has a magical way with words but his characters had a future and that was one thing I was lacking. 

The plane landed two and half hours later and I packed up my things, gazing out at the summer sun. It was beautiful. I stood up and just as I was about to leave bumped Into the curly haired celebrity who had helped me earlier.

"Oops sorry" I squeaked, mentally scalding myself for the high pitched voice.

"Don't worry about it" he laughed placing his hand on my arm again "I'll see you around"

And then he left, leaving me feeling slightly overwhelmed. 

A/N*

I really hope you're all liking it so far.

Is it okay?

Comment, Vote and Fan if you like