Chapter 28 ~

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that

something else is more important than fear."

― Meg Cabot

- Viv -

Mama, Serena and Harry had found home in the back garden. It had never been our go to spot when I was younger but when the sun came out it really looked beautiful. I was making Nana Campbell's fresh Orange juice in the kitchen while watching Serena kick Harry's butt at swing-ball through the Victorian doors. Mama was in a tank top that just about covered her bump and was sprawled across the grass with a book in her hand. We were two very similar people.

I wasn't meant to be exposed to too much sun but it was a rarity in England and I wanted to make the most of it. I pulled one of Harry's jumpers over my head and took the tweed blanket off our sofa. I sat directly across from the swing-ball set on a swinging love bench my dad made the year I was born. I was always most comfortable being able to see every part of the garden.

I guess you could say Harry had moved in but my parents insisted on calling him a 'Temporary House guest'. I didn't mind too much, as long as he was next to me I was happy. One thing I did miss however, my home in London. Not because It's the several times the size of my own house or because the views are phenomenal but because it was so close to the rest of the boys. I missed them badly and from the numerous texts and phones calls they were missing me too. The sad thing was, the calls were never happy but always ending in tears. I desperately wanted just one text from Louis where he'd tell me a complete random and inappropriate fact.

From the corner of my eye I could see Fraya closing the side gate behind her and smiling at Harry and Serena.

"That's my girl Sree, you kick his ass!" Fraya chanted, turning to wave at me.

I smiled happily and watched her teases Harry in amusement.

"Fine then little miss Campbell but just you wait, We will have a re-match and I will win" Harry laughed running to pick up Serena and throw her over his shoulders. The pair of them giggled while Fraya walked over to me, shaking her head.

"Your boyfriend's a child" She accused sitting beside me and pulling some blanket over her own legs.

"Yes" I agreed "But he's a very sweet child"

Fraya smiled "You really love him don't you"

"Yeah" I sighed "I really do"

It upset me to see her eyes begin to glisten with tears. My story was tragic and no one knew it more than Fraya. That was thing about Cancer, it didn't just destroy your life it destroys many others too. I carefully wrapped my arm around her neck and then rested my head on her shoulder.

"You okay?" I whispered

"I'm fine" she replied

For a few minutes Fraya and I sat watching Harry tickle my little sister until tears were literally streaming down her face. Then like she was shot with a reminder Fraya jumped up and offered to drop Serena to her swimming lesson. She left minutes afterwards with Stelle in tow.

"Hey is Fraya OK?" Harry queried filling in the spot where she was just sitting. I nodded distracted as Mama crossed the garden.

"Everything alright Mama?"

She looked at me startled "Yeah every things fine"

She close the patio door behind her and I could see through the glass her head towards the stairs.

Now that Harry and I were alone I thought about asking him if we could go back to Cheshire and then to London. I hadn't exactly built up the nerve. Some part of my mind told me it was because I had a feeling he'd say no but I knew deep down it was for fear of saying goodbye. I just wasn't good at it.

"Babe?" My voice was small and nervous.

Harry didn't seem to notice much. He pulled my legs on to his lap and began to massage my feet. Then he 'hmmed' to show I could continue.

It took me a second. "Ehm" I said slowly "I was thinking we should visit Cheshire and London soon, you know so I can see everyone"

Our eyes didn't meet as we spoke but his eyes watered. He didn't like the reason behind my motives.

"I- I don't know, what are you going to do about injections and what if you get tired" his voice matched my smallness and his eyes were still on his hands massaging my bare feet.

I reached over to his face and forced him to look at me. My thumb grazed his cheek bone and a sudden confidence ran through my blood. I wanted to calm him.

"Harry I'm not asking to go bungee jumping I just want to visit the boys and your family, it'd really mean a lot and I can do the injections myself and If I get tired I can just go for a nap"

He smiled meekly "are you sure"

"100 per cent"

A short sigh escaped his lips and he shrugged "I guess it couldn't do much harm"

Smiling I reached across to kiss him.

- Harry -

The sun had almost completely set when I carried a sleepy Viv upstairs. Her eyes were resisting but by the time I had reached her room she had given up and was fast asleep. I lay her down with ease and pulled her cardigan off then putting the covers right up to her neck. Viv insisted I slept in the same bed but she was so peaceful I was afraid I'd wake her, so I took a duvet from the closet and made a make shift bed on the floor.

I allowed myself wander around her bedroom, admiring pictures of her and her family and friends. She really was so beautiful, I didn't tell her enough. Her flawless skin and deep brown eyes.

I wondered what it must've been like to be Viviana. I'd never met a person in as horrible a position as she was with such a positive attitude. She was an inspiration to everyone and I didn't feel close enough to her to accept that if she was happy so was I.

I don't know what it's like to go through Chemo, or radio or what's it's like to live in a hospital but if she was to put my life in her hands if want to fight for her. I'd do everything in my power to save her. I wouldn't care what it took, I'd go to the moon and back if I had to but if it was up to me, I wouldn't give up.

Then a sudden thought occurred to me.

It was one of those moments where it hits you like a meteor and suddenly you can't sort it quick enough. I took out my phone and began calling several different numbers until I finally found what I was looking for.

It was doable, definitely a possibility but would Viv agree, would she think I'm out of my mind.

I wanted to wake her there and then but if we left for Cheshire tomorrow we'd make it in time for the fireworks festival and what better time to say it to her that then.

I took another long look at the stunning creature before me and smiled brightly.

I was absolutely crazy, but then again, who wasn't when it came to love?

A/N*

Ahh yet another chapter closer to the finish :(

I guess I owe you all a HUGE apology for taking so long with this but it's coming to the end of the school year and fifth year exams are a pain in the freaking Ho*e

Updates will be slower but I will try my best haha I hope your wont be too angry!!

So what's Harry got in mind? Take a guess there lovelies and make sure you Fan and Vote and follow me :D xxx

- Abbie xoxo

Ps. Dedicated to new cover maker :) she's great

Pps. Scrapped the other story and I've started a new one called Guitar Lessons, it's on my page, go check it out :) xxx