Çhã₱†ēr Ñīñē†ēēñ

Çhā₱†ēr Ñīñē†ēēñ

When the Company had placed themselves at a safe distance away from the mountain exit Aezalia collapsed on the ground and wept like a small child. No one knew what had happened and none of them said a word as she grieved.

"Say," Bifur said, "Where's our burglar?"

"Aezalia," Fili said gently as he knelt down, "You know what happened to him, don't you?"

"He's dead, Fili, I watched him fall!" she cried. Fili pulled her close to him and she wept into his shoulder.

"I knew we shouldn't have brought hobbits on this trip, a woman on top of that!" Thorin growled. "Women can't handle death like men can."

"Uncle!" Kili exclaimed, "Can't you see she is grieving? Don't you have any sense of pity in you?"

"Don't talk to your king like that." Thorin countered, "Hobbits are weak, Bilbo is just one last thing I have to worry about."

"Don't talk about Bilbo like that!" Aezalia shouted when she had had enough, "You don't know him, Bilbo was more of a man than you ever will be!"

"Enough! No one speaks to me like that, ever! Bilbo is dead, not much of a man anymore, is he?"

"But I am very much alive, and besides, I'm a hobbit not a man." a small voice said from behind them. Aezalia spun around and almost collapsed once again when she saw a dirty hobbit standing before her.

"Bilbo!" she cried and ran into his arms. She wept even more when she felt that he was real and not just a ghost her grief had created. She planted loving kisses on his cheeks and held him ever tighter. "I thought I had lost you." she sobbed, and then she laughed when she saw his shirt, "What have you done to your beautiful brass buttons?"

"It was a tight squeeze." he smiled. Aezalia looked up into his large brown eyes and felt like she was a young girl, falling in love all over again. "Did you think you would get rid of me that easily?" he whispered in her ear.

"I didn't know what to think."

As they stood there a recognizable sound echoed down the side of the mountain and into the Company's ears. They froze and their blood chilled when they heard the horrid howl. Aezalia pulled out her sword just as Bilbo did, hers glowed crimson red while his glowed an ice blue.

"Orcs." they said simultaneously and looked up at each other.

"Out of the frying pan," Thorin began.

"And into the fire." Gandalf finished for him.

"Everyone, move!" Thorin ordered. All the dwarves drew their swords and made their way down the grassy hill. The loud barking grew nearer and Aezalia looked back to see how close they were, something she would regret; the Wargs were quickly gaining on them and she could feel the hot breath on her heels. Despair settled into her heart when Aezalia saw that the land ended abruptly with three tall pine trees rooted on the cliff.

"Into the trees!" Gandalf shouted.

By the time everyone had clambered onto a branch the Wargs and orcs immediately burst forth from the trees. The Wargs growled and snapped their jaws while their riders spoke ill of the Company in their raspy language and readied their weapons. Suddenly, a white Warg with scars etched on his face emerged out of the trees in a calm, but menesing, manner. Upon his back rested his rider who was equally as horrifying; he had deep, pink scars covering his pale body and eyes were the color of jet. His left arm, however, was gone from the elbow joint down. In its place was a crude club that had been forced into the remaining part of his arm.