Çhå₱†êr Thïr†èén

Çhå₱†êr Thïr†èén

¥__________________¥

♪"Happy birthday to you!

Happy birthday to you!

Happy birthday dear Frodo!

Happy birthday to you!"♪

"Thank you everyone for coming to my sixteenth birthday party!" Frodo told everyone with a huge grin on his face. All of the hobbits who had come were his age and clapped for him. "But, it's also Bilbo's birthday as well!"

"Happy birthday Bilbo!" they all cheered.

"Don't you all worry about me." Bilbo teased, "I threw this party for you Frodo! Enjoy it as your own!"

"Thank you Uncle." Frodo smiled and gave Bilbo a hug.

"Now, who wants some cake?" Bilbo asked.

¥__________¥

"Hey, Gandalf?" Bilbo asked. He was standing at the back of the cave and stared down a narrow passage way in wonder, "Where do you suppose this leads to?"

"Only one way to find out." Gandalf replied.

The grey wizard pushed his way through the mob of dwarves and made his way towards the rocky hallway. All the dwarves looked uncertainly at one another but eventually followed his lead. Bilbo and Aezalia were shuffled to the back and walked side by side down the passage. All of the dwarves had to walk single file for they were so broad shouldered.

"Aezalia." Bilbo asked after sometime.

"Yes, Bilbo." she replied.

"What do you and Gandalf always talk about?" he turned towards her and saw that she was avoiding the question, "Don't act like you don't know what I'm talking about. You always raise your voice but I can never make out what you're saying."

"Why do you need to know these things?" she shot back at him, "Sorry." she mumbled when she saw the hurt expression on his face.

"Aezalia, I've known you my whole life and you have always told me everything. Why wont you tell me what's wrong now?"

"The truth is, even I don't fully understand what is going on. Gandalf told me I am part of an adventurous family and that is why he wanted me to come on this adventure. But I'm not that person, am I?"

"Don't ask me, you have already made it this far on the adventure. If you are trying to prove to Gandalf that you are not an adventurous hobbit I'd say he's already won. So, why did you come on this adventure anyways?"

Aezalia looked into her friend's eyes and remembered all of the games they had played as children. They had always gone on adventures together throughout the Shire or their comfort zones. She remembered that day up on the hill when he told her he loved her. They had grown even closer to one another but then, in the end, it was harder for them both.

Bilbo slowly grew more and distant from her for he was trying to write a book. He would lock himself in his study and would rarely come out. But, it wasn't Bilbo alone, Aezalia worked more and more for she was trying to raise money for a pony. Their friendship had almost crumbled from them staying apart.

Aezalia's eyes began to water as she told him her reasoning, "I almost lost you Bilbo, I don't know what I would've done if I knew you left the Shire and never came back. I would've thought it was my fault, that I did something for you to leave."

"Why didn't you tell me this?" Bilbo almost cried.

Neither of them realized that they had stopped walking and were now facing each other.

"Because there was a small part of me that told me that you wouldn't leave me behind, that you would never dream of it." she said with a weak smile.

"Bilbo, Aezalia! I think you guys need to see this!" Fili called.

"How is it that we always walk in on them at the wrong time?" Kili asked his brother.

"I have no idea."

¥__________¥

"Happy birthday Frodo." someone said quietly behind him. Frodo turned around and was surprised to see Cody Proudfoot standing behind him.

"Thank you." he said shyly, he could tell that she was a little nervous. But, he was nervous as well, his heart pounded against his chest and he had small butterflies in his stomach.

"I um, got you something that I thought you would like." she said and held out a leather bound book. As he took it he saw that both the Common Tongue and Elvish were written on the book in gold ink.

"The Complete Guide to the Elvish Language." he read. His head shot up and looked into her shy eyes, "Where did you get this?"

"I found it in my father's study the other day. I had never seen him read it so I figured that you would put it to good use." she replied.

"Thank you."

"You're welcome." she dipped her head and turned to leave.

"Wait I have-" he called, he reached into his pocket and grabbed the drawing he had found. "Your drawing." he said to himself. She had already disappeared into the crowd when he called out and he knew he wouldn't be able to find her again. He silently cursed himself for forgetting about the drawing when she had approached him.

He unfolded the yellowed parchment and stared down at himself. He had seen her drop it that day in the park and he told himself that he would return it to her. That had been six years ago and he just blew the one chance he had. He sighed as he folded the paper, opened the book and placed it in a random page.

As he closed the book he read one line that was in elvish; grà an dorchadas, love the darkness.

~~~~~~~~~~

"Speech! Speech! Speech! Speech!" all the hobbits chanted. Frodo stood up on a chair and raised his hands in the air, signaling for silence.

"I'm not the greatest at speeches, as you all know." he said, he was answered by a few giggles from within the crowd, "So, instead of a speech how about a story? Uncle?"

"Why do you keep putting me on the spot boy?" Bilbo laughed, "But since you insist I might as well. What would you like to hear?"

"I'd like to hear about the elves." Frodo replied.

"Good choice."

¥__________¥

All of the dwarves stood in awe at the sight they say, Bilbo and Aezalia had to push through them in order to see. They stood upon a cliff that turned abruptly and was turned into a path heading down a steep hillside. Golden sunlight shone between two mountains in the distance and lit up the entire valley that was below them.

A dense forest covered most of the valley but, tucked away in the trees was the elven city of Rivendell. Its white towers rose up out of the forest like icecicles in December. They were topped by red roofs that made the white walls almost blinding.

"Ladies and gentlemen," Gandalf said, "I give you, the elven city, Rivendell."

----------So, there's these two books about two hobbits who are separated and must take two paths (see what I did there?). But, the author (*cough* AlannaMaier *cough*) feels like no one is reading it. Here's where you, my faithful readers, come in to play. Please read her books because she doesn't want to continue on with them until she gets a certain number of comments.

Also, if you were confused about this chapter go read my book Finding Love in the Lord of the Rings and everything will make sense I promise.:) One last thing, on my status I will be posting a video that's on youtube every Sunday that I think you guys should watch. So if you're bored anytime next week just check out my profile and will have the name of the video on there!:) ~God Bless----------