Çhà₱†ër €îgh†

Çhà₱†ër €îgh†

"Hey, has anyone seen Gandalf?" Nori asked after about an hours ride.

"Why, I'm right here gentlemen." Gandalf said, suddenly appearing next to Nori.

"Ah!" he yelled and almost fell off sideways out of his saddle.

"Excuse me?" Aezalia said.

"Sorry, I'm right here gentlemen and lady."

"Thank you."

"Wait, hold on! We have to go back, we have to turn around right now!" Bilbo shouted.

"What seems to be the matter Mr. Baggins?" Thorin asked clearly annoyed.

"It appears I have forgotten my handkerchief at home."

"You've got to be joking." Thorin grumbled.

"You can borrow mine!" Bifur shouted and held up one of the most disgusting pieces of clothe Bilbo had ever seen.

"You know, now that I think about it I really don't need one that badly."

"Okay, suit yourself." he said shrugging his shoulders.

"Ew, Bifur, put that thing away! I can smell it clear back here!" Kili yelled from the back of the line.

"Well here, catch!" he said wadding it into a ball and threw it at the young dwarf. Before Kili could make a move to dodge the rag it landed square on his face to where he could not see at all.

"I say that's a good look for you Kili. Now I don't have to look a ch'ya." Fili teased.

"Lets see how much you like it." Kili growled and threw it at his brother. When it was only inches away he moved to the side and the handkerchief landed harmlessly on the ground.

"Missed." he coughed.

"Oi! You boys dropped my only handkerchief!" Bifur scolded them.

"It was time for a new one anyways." Kili whispered to Fili.

The small band of hobbits, dwarves and a wizard rode all day with no breaks and covered several miles. They traveled on through a dense wooded area until they came upon an old abandoned farmer's house. Nature had already taken over the small shack and had torn down most of the walls with thick vines and moss covered what was left of the roof.

Ori and Nori had led the horses off to a small clearing and were coming back to be relieved by Fili and Kili. Gloin was making a soup out of dried meat the dwarves had brought. Once everyone had their share Bilbo was given two bowls to give to Kili and Fili.

"Here, give me a bowl and I'll go with you." Aezalia offered.

"Thanks." Bilbo smiled as he handed her one of the bowls and the two walked to where Kili and Fili were keeping watch.

When they arrived the two dwarves were leaning over a fallen tree and stared intently at the ponies.

"We brought you soup." Aezalia said. Neither of them moved at her words and continued to stare at the ponies.

"Wow, you two take your jobs seriously." Bilbo said jokingly.

"There were fifteen ponies when Nori and Ori brought them here. Now there are only thirteen ponies and Gandalf's horse." Fili said with out taking his eyes off of the grazing animals.

Bilbo and Aezalia counted and, sure enough, there were only thirteen ponies in the field.

"Hey, look over there!" Aezalia hissed and pointed off into the trees. A dim, yellow light glowed and flickered in a gap between the trees.

"What do you suppose that is?" Bilbo asked.

"Only one way to find out." Kili said and hopped over the tree and crossed the field with Fili right on his heals. Bilbo and Aezalia soon followed after a quick glance at each other. "It's some sort of camp and that is their fire."

"Good detective skills brother." Fili praised.

"Who do you think made the fire?" Aezalia asked.

"I don't know but I have a great idea." Kili said and smiled evilishly at Bilbo, "Why don't we send the burglar to go look." he said as he pushed Bilbo into the trees.

"If I must go at least take your soup."

"If you're in trouble hoot once like a barn owl or twice like a screech owl."

"And how do I-" But when Bilbo turned around Kili, Fili and Aezalia had disappeared from sight.

~~~~~~~~~

"This is really good! Who did you say made this?" Fili asked around a mouth full of meat.

"Gloin." Aezalia said.

"Gloin, out of all people. I never knew he could cook like this." Kili said disbelief.

Aezalia was not paying much attention to the dwarves and was staring into the woods in which Bilbo had disappeared into. She wasn't sure what had happened to him for no owl hoots were heard but he had yet to show up with the two missing ponies or news of who had made the camp. In the distance by the camp fire she thought she heard the scared squeals of two ponies. Aezalia instantly stood up and, without a second thought, dashed into the forest.

"What do you suppose she is doing?" Fili asked.

"I don't know, but this soup is amazing!" Kili said.

"Agreed." after a few minutes Fili looked back over to where the ponies were and said to his brother "Hey Kili."

"Yes Fili."

"Where did Gandalf's horse go?" Both of the dwarves looked at each other and frantically searched for the lost horse.

"I thought you were watching him!" Kili shouted.

"No you were supposed to watch him!" Fili shouted back and tackled his brother to the ground. Before either of them could seriously hurt the other they were both lifted off of the ground by the backs of their shirts.

"Stop it both of you, you were both supposed to keep watch." Thorin growled.

"But Kili-" Fili started and pointed at his brother.

"There's no time for 'buts,' there are trolls near by. Lets go."

----------What did you guys think of this chapter? Okay, before I forget this chapter is dedicated to both @AlannaMaier and @DaughterOfAnonymous they both helped me remember what was supposed to happen and helped me realise that Gandalf was supposed to be with them the whole time (I was supposed to dedicate the last one to @DaughterOfAnonymous as well but I have a tendency to forget things like that)----------